Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does it exist ?

Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
11 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yeah I seen that one. I was hoping for a drop in solution, with all the capabilities I wanted. I guess Ill just stick with what I have, and my next TV will determine what I need in the future. Just gotta figure out where to hide the sub, as its currently sitting on top of my night stand, along with the right speaker and network switch. 

Due to circumstances I use earbuds for my TV audio. Currently Im using a 2.1 channel Logitech speakers to convert the RCA out from my TV to use my headphones. My Logitech speakers have RCA and 3.5mm inputs. The issue is I have limited spaces and Im looking to try to clear out some stuff. I dont use the Speakers at all. So I was wondering if there is a converter or what ever you would call it that has RCA In as well as Optical in (In case I eventually in the future get a new TV and it doesn't have RCA Out) to headphones out and it needs to have volume control. I dont want to spend a lot of money, all Im driving is a pair of cheap Samsung earbuds that I think came from a Galaxy S7, though I have considered better earbuds in the future maybe. Really I just need to know what this device would be called, this way I can see what the costs are going to be. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yeah I seen that one. I was hoping for a drop in solution, with all the capabilities I wanted. I guess Ill just stick with what I have, and my next TV will determine what I need in the future. Just gotta figure out where to hide the sub, as its currently sitting on top of my night stand, along with the right speaker and network switch. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Due to circumstances I use earbuds for my TV audio. Currently Im using a 2.1 channel Logitech speakers to convert the RCA out from my TV to use my headphones. My Logitech speakers have RCA and 3.5mm inputs. The issue is I have limited spaces and Im looking to try to clear out some stuff. I dont use the Speakers at all. So I was wondering if there is a converter or what ever you would call it that has RCA In as well as Optical in (In case I eventually in the future get a new TV and it doesn't have RCA Out) to headphones out and it needs to have volume control. I dont want to spend a lot of money, all Im driving is a pair of cheap Samsung earbuds that I think came from a Galaxy S7, though I have considered better earbuds in the future maybe. Really I just need to know what this device would be called, this way I can see what the costs are going to be. 

If you could use the volume control on the TV then it would be one simple cable. Doesn't get much smaller than that. 

 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32858784068.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.50f62baaMQCnOI&browser_id=09d1768108cc4394976782a2c6ab8828&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=jnmef13p5ggcawjv17580a9abb6714159a21b87b30&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FHTB1vKMgfpOWBuNjy0Fiq6xFxVXaO.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg

 

Add this to the rca to 3.5 and you get volume control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue4130 said:

f you could use the volume control on the TV then it would be one simple cable. Doesn't get much smaller than that. 

Volume control only works with built in speakers. Thats why I use 15 feet of RCA cable to get my speakers connected at my night stand. This way I can control the volume. Also, I wanted RCA and Optical Inputs as I might get a new TV in the future that doesn't have RCA out, as not all TV's have this. So I think Im just going to figure out how to hid the sub under my bed maybe and just deal with what I have until I have a new TV, then Ill grab a DAC or something. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Volume control only works with built in speakers. Thats why I use 15 feet of RCA cable to get my speakers connected at my night stand. This way I can control the volume. Also, I wanted RCA and Optical Inputs as I might get a new TV in the future that doesn't have RCA out, as not all TV's have this. So I think Im just going to figure out how to hid the sub under my bed maybe and just deal with what I have until I have a new TV, then Ill grab a DAC or something. 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000480740351.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.5644435eSzu8ss&browser_id=09d1768108cc4394976782a2c6ab8828&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=jnmef13p5ggcawjv17580b29b73b28a88de1552b74&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FH6714af784d934758b04f3b73d38cdd9bW.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg

 

$7 and smaller than your 2.1 ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue4130 said:

I dont think your under standing the issue. The TV only has RCA out of audio. I wanted something with RCA and Optical due to the fact my TV is like 7 years old and I might buy a new one eventually. I dont want to buy a DAC or anything and have to replace it down the road because I dont have the right ports. The fact is I see a lot of these newer TV's dont have RCA out anymore. So Ill just wait till the TV gets replaced and see where the cards fall then.

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I dont think your under standing the issue. The TV only has RCA out of audio. I wanted something with RCA and Optical due to the fact my TV is like 7 years old and I might buy a new one eventually. I dont want to buy a DAC or anything and have to replace it down the road because I dont have the right ports. The fact is I see a lot of these newer TV's dont have RCA out anymore. So Ill just wait till the TV gets replaced and see where the cards fall then.

I understand. I gave you two options that are about $7 each. You want them combined into one box. You have two options. Get a dac/Amp combo, or tape my two solutions together. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

I understand. I gave you two options that are about $7 each. You want them combined into one box. You have two options. Get a dac/Amp combo, or tape my two solutions together. :)

Thats because I wanted ONE Box, not two. Which is why Im sticking with what I have for now. Secondly, No way Im buying anything from Ali express. For one I would like to get it soon rather than 5 months from now. Shipping is still kinda of an issue and things are only getting worse again my the US. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Thats because I wanted ONE Box, not two. Which is why Im sticking with what I have for now. Secondly, No way Im buying anything from Ali express. For one I would like to get it soon rather than 5 months from now. Shipping is still kinda of an issue and things are only getting worse again my the US. 

Just trying to help. I guess you are on a tight budget since you are using an old 2.1 to do this. How much are you willing to throw at this problem? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Just trying to help. I guess you are on a tight budget since you are using an old 2.1 to do this. How much are you willing to throw at this problem? 

Its not the budget. They dont make what I want from what @Electronics Wizardyhas stated. I dont want TWO boxes. I want one small item that I can maybe velcro to my wall. Also Im only buying from Newegg, Amazon or a local store. But the fact that what I want doesn't exist in a single box, means Ill just wait till the TV is replaced. If it has RCA then Ill buy an AMP, if not Ill buy a DAC. 

 

Ill just shove the left speaker and sub under the bed, and the right speaker has the volume control and headphone jack, so thats the only thing I need. If push comes to shove I can look at a bluetooth transmitter for the TV and some wireless earbuds. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donut417 said:

Its not the budget. They dont make what I want from what @Electronics Wizardyhas stated. I dont want TWO boxes. I want one small item that I can maybe velcro to my wall. Also Im only buying from Newegg, Amazon or a local store. But the fact that what I want doesn't exist in a single box, means Ill just wait till the TV is replaced. If it has RCA then Ill buy an AMP, if not Ill buy a DAC. 

 

Ill just shove the left speaker and sub under the bed, and the right speaker has the volume control and headphone jack, so thats the only thing I need. If push comes to shove I can look at a bluetooth transmitter for the TV and some wireless earbuds. 

Id just get a tv with a headphone out, then there are no extra poxes.

 

Also what tv do you have? Many tvs let you use the rca outputs basically as headphones outputs and adjust the volume with the tv volume.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id just get a tv with a headphone out, then there are no extra poxes.

 

Also what tv do you have? Many tvs let you use the rca outputs basically as headphones outputs and adjust the volume with the tv volume.

Its an old Samsung 720p set from like 7 years ago. Model number LN32B360. I know for a fact the volume control on the TV stops working when external speakers are selected. 

 

Not many of the newer sets have headphone outputs. My TV actually  does, but it only works on VGA input. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Its an old Samsung 720p set from like 7 years ago. Model number LN32B360. I know for a fact the volume control on the TV stops working when external speakers are selected. 

 

Not many of the newer sets have headphone outputs. My TV actually  does, but it only works on VGA input. 

Every TV that I find has some form of analog out. Even the newest oleds. From that it's a simple cable to convert to headphones. And a $5 Amp to get a volume knob. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×