Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys so i am new to overclocking .....i need to know if u need to overclock a CPU...the CPU should be unlocked right ? i am going with ryzen 5 3400g AS an entry level gaming cpu with which has vega 11 and is unlocked .... i want to overclock it .....which motherboard should be able to support overclocking it guys ??? .... (i am sorry.. i don't know a lot about CPU overclocking and motherboard)

Any motherboard that isn't an a320 or a520 or a300 and has an am4 socket should allow you to overclock the ryzen 5 3400G. If you're using the on board graphics to game, I suggest you overclock the iGPU then, since you won't really notice differences in gaming by overclocking the cpu.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Any motherboard that isn't an a320 or a520 and has an am4 socket should allow you to overclock the ryzen 5 3400G. If you're using the on board graphics to game, I suggest you overclock the iGPU then, since you won't really notice differences in gaming by overclocking the cpu.

ya i mean i ll overclocking boththe CPU and the GPU  by having a better nauctua air cooler or something WATER COOLED ....WOULD U RECCOMEND BEST BUDGET MOTHERBOARD WITH OVERCLOCKABLE CAPABILITIES I MEAN BY THE MODELS ...

Just now, Darahaas said:

better nauctua air cooler or something WATER COOLED

You could use the money that you would spend on a cooler or an AIO and spend that on a cheap GPU, like a gtx 1050, or gtx 770.

1 minute ago, Darahaas said:

.WOULD U RECCOMEND BEST BUDGET MOTHERBOARD WITH OVERCLOCKABLE CAPABILITIES I MEAN BY THE MODELS ...

Depends on your budget. A good lower budget board would be the Asrock B450M Pro4-F, or b450m pro4 or b450 pro4

6 minutes ago, Darahaas said:

Hey guys so i am new to overclocking .....i need to know if u need to overclock a CPU...the CPU should be unlocked right ? i am going with ryzen 5 3400g AS an entry level gaming cpu with which has vega 11 and is unlocked .... i want to overclock it .....which motherboard should be able to support overclocking it guys ??? .... (i am sorry.. i don't know a lot about CPU overclocking and motherboard)

I would reccomend a b450 mobo you can overclock on it and its compatible with 5000 series ryzen for future upgrades. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FW85VFT?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&pldnSite=1 This motherboard by gigabyte should work well it has built in Wi-Fi plenty of expansion slots and it doesnt look like crap. you can go cheaper but you wont have built in Wi-Fi unless you find a sale at microcenter or somthing.

1 minute ago, kucharczykt said:

I would reccomend a b450 mobo you can overclock on it and its compatible with 5000 series ryzen for future upgrades. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FW85VFT?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&pldnSite=1 This motherboard by gigabyte should work well it has built in Wi-Fi plenty of expansion slots and it doesnt look like crap. you can go cheaper but you wont have built in Wi-Fi unless you find a sale at microcenter or somthing.

The Aorus Pro is mostly looks, it's not really a good performer, especially for the price. Same goes for the B450 Aorus Elite.

image.thumb.png.3c1e499a6470f7fe29795ae2b4804f2a.png

Hey, I'm curious which MOBO you went with?

I myself completed a 3400G Ryzen budget build in the last 2 months and overclocked it, but I have a dedicated GPU which I got free from my American friend (only had to pay import taxes and vat). Pretty happy with it, but I will be replacing it with a Ryzen 5600X eventually though!

Full specs in my signature.

Camo.

IMG_20201002_231520.jpg

CPU = Ryzen 5 3400G (4.1Ghz OC all cores)

GPU = ASUS Dual OC GTX 1060 6GB (Core - 1569Mhz, VRAM - 4498Mhz)

RAM = 16GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200Mhz CL16 Red (2x8GB)

CHIPSET = Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro

PSU = EVGA Supernova GS 650W Gold Modular