Is this normal?

wotari

Hello, ltt fourm. I have some concerns about my cpu cooler.

I was planning on overclocking my cpu today, so i run cinebench 15 and hardware monitor to figure things out. I have dark rock pro 4 as the cpu cooler so i thought this will go on smoothly. 

While i was checking things on hardware monitor i noticed that my max temperature is a little bit high. Reaching 65 c without any overclocking!! Is that normal for dark rock pro 4? 

Becouse the guy in the video i was watching was running cinebench 15 and his max temperature never reached above 49 c on stock sittings. (He was using an aio cooler)

Here is the cpu temperature i got on hardware monitor

Core 0 = val 26° min 24° max 65° 

Core 1 = val 27° min 25° max 62° 

Core 2 = val 29° min 26° max 69°

When i first got my dark rock pro 4 i always suspect something wrong with the middle fan. I never felt any vibration from that fan. Also when i check the cpu fans on bios and hardware monitor, the only thing appears is cpu fan1 and case fans, nothing else. 

And you can't see the middle fan because of the cooler design.

At first i used to connect poth fans to the same cpu header but i moved the second one to a fan hub when i realised about the fan not spinning, but still nothing changed. The fan never vibrated or appeared on the bios and i give up on that until recently.

Should i connect poth fans tho the same cpu header again? 

Putting the cpu cooler inside the case was a nightmare. I removed the motherboard from the case and everything. My case is cooler master k500 and it felt very small at the time. I couldn't find any other way to put the cpu cooler on other than taking the motherboard out. I don't want to do that ever again. When i think about it it's just not worth it. to take the motherboard and cpu cooler out and test the fans only for just overclocking! That is a lot of work for only a slightly faster cpu!

Still not really sure about the fan not spinning thing. Maybe it's just too quiet for me to notice any vibration, or maybe it only spins at a higher temperatures or something.

What do you guys think? Should i take the cpu cooler out and test the fans?

English is my second language. Please forgive me if i made mistakes. 😅

All of these temps are very low.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

you haven't mentioned which cpu you have or I missed it... but regardless... 65°C is chilly, you have nothing to worry about, that's a great temperature 

Thank you for the reply. I will try to overclock my cpu later today then 😊

my cpu is i9 9900k. 

On 10/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, wotari said:

Thank you for the reply. I will try to overclock my cpu later today then 😊

my cpu is i9 9900k. 

You have plenty of headroom, but Cinebench isn't a stress test, nor really heavy for system. You should use something like Aida64 or OCCT to see how high the temps actually go. Without any tweaks done (voltage left to auto), 65C is very normal for heavy operation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you really want to give it the beans, give Linpak Xtreme 1.13 a shot.

I know some guys would be like well that's a completely unrealistic load.. and to that I say your computer is a calculator. It should be able to run anything.

If ya cant run it, you gotta turn it down a little, because in the back of your mind you will always know that overclock you run is not truly stable and is just for show 😄

1.2GHz is the max OC I can run with this piece of software.. temps in the 90s.. 👍

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/linpack-xtreme/

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14