Unexplained BOSD

Peika

Yesterday night I got an unexplained BOSD for the first time with error WIN32_KEY_SECURITY_FAILURE

My friend said it's probably CPU overheating. What is it exactly and what should I do?

Not sure there is not that much info online about it. Is your CPU overclocked? Maybe thats the problem.

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Sandro Linux said:

Not sure there is not that much info online about it. Is your CPU overclocked? Maybe thats the problem.

No but I did have CPU heat issues lately but not that extreme (95 degree is the overheat limit I think)

Blue of screen death

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Check if the cooler is properly mounted (thermal paste has full contact with the die). 

Also, you didnt post any more details of your config/setup. I would also check the memory.

Checking your cpu temps is easy and free with software like HWInfo. That said this error can also be thrown for a few other common things.

Outdated/ corrupt drivers

Malware.

I would check temps, if they aren't hitting thermal limits then I would run a malware scan with something like malwarebytes... of that doesn't solve the problem then it comes down to updating drivers. You can also try running. Sfc /scannow  from an elevated command prompt.

53 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Checking your cpu temps is easy and free with software like HWInfo. That said this error can also be thrown for a few other common things.

Outdated/ corrupt drivers

Malware.

I would check temps, if they aren't hitting thermal limits then I would run a malware scan with something like malwarebytes... of that doesn't solve the problem then it comes down to updating drivers. You can also try running. Sfc /scannow  from an elevated command prompt.

Thanks. I'm gonna format my hard drive and just clean everything, and reinstall proper drivers