Question for O11 Dynamic + 3 slot GPU users in vertical

Eajimoba

Have any of you successfully installed it vertically, while also keeping the fan intake of the gpu clear from the window AND also keeping the 3 fans installed on the bottom?

Have my case and gpu, but disliking my horizontal mounting, was wondering if anyone has successfully used it to get more insight.

Thanks!

5800X - EVGA CLC 360 - MSI MEG X570 Unify - TForce Xtreem Argb 32gb [16x2] 3600Mhz CL14 - Colorful iGame 3090 Advanced OC 24gb - Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black - EVGA Supernova 1000g+ - Lian Li Unifan x6 - LG 38GL950G - Acer Predator X27 4k 144hz

4 hours ago, Eajimoba said:

Have any of you successfully installed it vertically, while also keeping the fan intake of the gpu clear from the window AND also keeping the 3 fans installed on the bottom?

Have my case and gpu, but disliking my horizontal mounting, was wondering if anyone has successfully used it to get more insight.

Thanks!

The O11 vertical mount was meant for 2 slot gpu's to have good enough airflow. Not for bigger cards to have the same. So just mount it normally.

15 hours ago, jaslion said:

The O11 vertical mount was meant for 2 slot gpu's to have good enough airflow. Not for bigger cards to have the same. So just mount it normally.

I wasn't planning on using the default o11 bracket but rather purchased this one: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-vertical-gpu-holder. The o11 default one is mounted to the bottom which prevent case fans at the bottom.

It looks like to places the GPU closer to the Motherboard, possible allowing additional room for airflow from the 3 fans I have at the bottom.

5800X - EVGA CLC 360 - MSI MEG X570 Unify - TForce Xtreem Argb 32gb [16x2] 3600Mhz CL14 - Colorful iGame 3090 Advanced OC 24gb - Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black - EVGA Supernova 1000g+ - Lian Li Unifan x6 - LG 38GL950G - Acer Predator X27 4k 144hz

8 hours ago, Eajimoba said:

I wasn't planning on using the default o11 bracket but rather purchased this one: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-loop-vertical-gpu-holder. The o11 default one is mounted to the bottom which prevent case fans at the bottom.

It looks like to places the GPU closer to the Motherboard, possible allowing additional room for airflow from the 3 fans I have at the bottom.

That bracket does seem to only support up to a dual slot card. However if you can find a triple slot one that would work do keep in mind you'll most likely have to add some form of support on the back of it due to the weight of your gpu possibly bending the metal.

• 2 weeks later...

@Eajimoba

What kind of results did you have with the EK Loop mount?  I'm running into the same question that you posed -- ability to keep 3 bottom fans while vertical mounting a 2.75-3 slot GPU, and leaving enough room for the GPU to achieve reasonable air intake.  Really eager to hear how your installation went.

Also, if you mount the EK loop as high as possible, can you access/install a PCI card at the bottom of the case while keeping the fans installed?  I am hoping to have room for a 10GbE card in the bottom PCIe slot.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:13 PM, deduction said:

@Eajimoba

What kind of results did you have with the EK Loop mount?  I'm running into the same question that you posed -- ability to keep 3 bottom fans while vertical mounting a 2.75-3 slot GPU, and leaving enough room for the GPU to achieve reasonable air intake.  Really eager to hear how your installation went.

Also, if you mount the EK loop as high as possible, can you access/install a PCI card at the bottom of the case while keeping the fans installed?  I am hoping to have room for a 10GbE card in the bottom PCIe slot.

Vertical GPU Mount works, and the 3 slot GPU when vertical leaves about 2-3 cm from the glass panel [which is acceptable in my opinion].

Underneath there is about 2-3cm of vertical spacing as well.

It's pretty solid - the only problem is with some bios issue with my x570 unify board I'm getting some issues so I've temporarily removed it.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, Eajimoba said:

Vertical GPU Mount works, and the 3 slot GPU when vertical leaves about 2-3 cm from the glass panel [which is acceptable in my opinion].

Underneath there is about 2-3cm of vertical spacing as well.

It's pretty solid - the only problem is with some bios issue with my x570 unify board I'm getting some issues so I've temporarily removed it.

Is there enough clearance to slot a card into the mobo's bottom PCI slot? I'm hoping to fit a 10GbE network card in the bottom slot.

6 hours ago, deduction said:

Is there enough clearance to slot a card into the mobo's bottom PCI slot? I'm hoping to fit a 10GbE network card in the bottom slot.

Nah you're not going to be able to..