Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have been looking for best business broadband provider that is bang for the buck in NZ.

We expect 20 admin network WS and around above 200 clients, that could reach 400 in some days.

I will only need broadband connection. All the AP's and other network hardware will remain same. Our network is capable of 1GbE.

• I want to know what points (apart from some mentioned below) should I consider while shopping for a new BB provider for my business. 
  • What makes the Commercial BB different from Residential BB.

The things I know and I will consider, that we will need one static IP, 1:1 Contention, Good download speeds along sides good or same upload speed, and close to 100% uptime.

I will appreciate any tips or experience who want to share with me.

Thank You

CPU: Ryzen R5 1600 3.7Ghz all cores | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Turbo 2x120 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B350M | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Memory 3200mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB ~2100Mhz | PSU: EVGA Gold 550W | SSD: 500GB Samsung Nvme 970Evo | HDDs: 1x 1TB WD Blue | OS: Win 10 Pro

Only difference between residential and business is that you get a static IP and if your connection goes down there is SLA. (Service level agreement) which indicates how long it will take the ISP to repair your connection. I will be moving from residential to a business because I want to run my own services from home which is impossible with a dynamic IP address.

CPU: i7 4790K |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Neweer NW-700 Mic | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card

Networking gear:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | HP MicroServer G7 NAS |

6 hours ago, Sukhman Bajwa said:

Hi, I have been looking for best business broadband provider that is bang for the buck in NZ.

We expect 20 admin network WS and around above 200 clients, that could reach 400 in some days.

I will only need broadband connection. All the AP's and other network hardware will remain same. Our network is capable of 1GbE.

• I want to know what points (apart from some mentioned below) should I consider while shopping for a new BB provider for my business. 
  • What makes the Commercial BB different from Residential BB.

The things I know and I will consider, that we will need one static IP, 1:1 Contention, Good download speeds along sides good or same upload speed, and close to 100% uptime.

I will appreciate any tips or experience who want to share with me.

Thank You

This will depend on your country. For example, Comcast my ISP. They have Residential, Business Class and Enterprise internet services. 

Residential are fast ish, can feature data caps and its not cool to run Internet facing services with tons of traffic going to them. That can get you canceled. 

Business Class is basically residential service at a higher price for a lower speed. Static IP's are an option, but I think it's extra in terms of cost. No SLA's are given on this internet service. 

Enterprise grade is generally going to be Metro Ethernet (Fiber). They are hell of expensive. Static IP's are defiantly an option (Not sure if costs extra but its Comcast so probably), these connections would have a SLA agreement attached. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂