Modded Minecraft Server Multithreading?

drurya96

I'm trying to put together a minecraft modpack for me and a couple friends to play. We've played quite a few modpacks and I wanted to try building one, mostly just to have something to do. I'm running it as a server on my desktop, and separately running a client on the same desktop. I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700X, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32GB Ram, everything on SSD, Windows 10

I keep running into lag spikes with significant rubber banding. I noticed when watching Windows Resource Monitor that 2 of my threads spike when the lag spikes occur, and that the spikes occur on world generation (i.e. flying in a straight line).

So on to the question. I know generally minecraft is single threaded or has minimal multithreading capability, but is it possible to push the world generation to its own thread while the rest of the game runs on another thread? So dedicate an entire thread to world generation? I'd be thrilled to see practical answers for moving this forward as well as more technical answers as to why this isn't possible if it isn't.

Hi, which modded server software are you using? there are some unefficient mods programmed out there. I was using Dragon and Fire mod running in a cloud service ultra powerfull and was lagging as fuck fighting some high range dragons, and ice dragons.

But, as far I know, if you are using mods, you may use forge, or another kind of modded server. Well, I don't know how to do that exactly (if you find how tell me), but I think bukkit and other software are multithread, I have to do more research about that. I write this just to consider to use another kind of modded server software.

6 hours ago, Zindokar said:

which modded server software are you using?

I'm using Forge, its the only one I've tried since that's what the Twitch launcher uses.

6 hours ago, Zindokar said:

but I think bukkit and other software are multithread

I could be mistaken on this, but from listening to a friend that runs a server I think bukkit is for plugins instead of mods, right?

52 minutes ago, drurya96 said:

I'm using Forge, its the only one I've tried since that's what the Twitch launcher uses.

I could be mistaken on this, but from listening to a friend that runs a server I think bukkit is for plugins instead of mods, right?

Yes bukkit is for pluggins. But, I have to research it again, I think it improves a lot minecraft performance and can be used with mods with another weird named tool.