High frames and High Ping

idkwhattonamemyself

Idk if this the right topic to put this under. So basically I recently built my first pc. I played some doom eternal on it, it was fine no lag pretty high frames. Then after I hoped to play some fortnite with my friend and that's when the thing happened. I was getting high frames in game with the max I was getting 190 Fps but other wise it was any where between 150 and 170fps but thing was that I had stupidly high ping where I was just getting a little more than 1,000 ping even though I had a wired internet connection. So idk what to do. What do you guys recommend I should do. P.s. I also turned down some of the settings to see if that helped it didn't.

Frame rate and network ping are unrelated to each other. Your network issue is a separate thing to investigate.

21 minutes ago, idkwhattonamemyself said:

Idk if this the right topic to put this under. So basically I recently built my first pc. I played some doom eternal on it, it was fine no lag pretty high frames. Then after I hoped to play some fortnite with my friend and that's when the thing happened. I was getting high frames in game with the max I was getting 190 Fps but other wise it was any where between 150 and 170fps but thing was that I had stupidly high ping where I was just getting a little more than 1,000 ping even though I had a wired internet connection. So idk what to do. What do you guys recommend I should do. P.s. I also turned down some of the settings to see if that helped it didn't.

PC Huh...???? Are you using one those usb wifi adapter or you're using cable???

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

With high ping usually caused by low or unstable upload speed. Which is detrimental for most MMO games.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

25 minutes ago, idkwhattonamemyself said:

It may seem obvious enough not to mention, but just to be sure, since this is a new build, you wouldn't happen to be downloading a bunch of games in the background would you? That could certainly use up all your bandwidth if you don't have gigabit internet.