Why is my CPU not returning to base clock?!!!

I have a Ryzen 5 3600x (base 3.8ghz boost 4.3ghz)

in CPUID and task manager, the cpu clocks are constantly at 4.15ghz to 4.3ghz, even when not under load. WHY??!!!! In the bios, and task manger it says the base speed is 3.8ghz, and i have reset the cmos, and taken out the battery multiple times. Have not overclocked since, and it still wont down clock back to the base frequency even when under no load. There is nothing major in the background, and even on the desktop, it is still turboing, Please help

-also, my temps are not great, even tho i have an aio, mounted it multiple times, and have lots of air. When some browser tabs are open, the temps are around 45-65 degrees. This is not my problemb, but i think it is related.

a 120mm? A 240mm? a aio can be a pos or really good.

Its probably in windows. Can you see what the power plan settinfd are?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Juch said:

its balanced. also 240 mm aio.

Using icue or another rgb software or live wallpaper? Icue doesn't let my ryzen sleep either.   I am half debating getting rid of the rgb software in favor of static color.  

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Doesn't really matter unless you're putting a workload/current through it - my cpu is at 5ghz all day long but that doesn't mean it's using power or doing anything stressful.

Example my entire power strip at idle (5ghz) is like 150w, which included all of my 3 displays, speakers, etc.

Cpu itself reports at 18w during idle

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 5:35 PM, miagisan said:

Using icue or another rgb software or live wallpaper? Icue doesn't let my ryzen sleep either.   I am half debating getting rid of the rgb software in favor of static color.  

sorry for the late reply's... ive had a lot of school...

so ya i have icue, that's probably it, since im pretty sure when i got it that's when it started...

the thing is even when the software is not running it happens. i know when you quit apps there are parts that still run, just even when i stop the applications in task manager it doesn't do anything

On 10/27/2020 at 8:28 PM, Mister Woof said:

Doesn't really matter unless you're putting a workload/current through it - my cpu is at 5ghz all day long but that doesn't mean it's using power or doing anything stressful.

Example my entire power strip at idle (5ghz) is like 150w, which included all of my 3 displays, speakers, etc.

Cpu itself reports at 18w during idle

thanks for the help, but i am doing CPU intensive tasks, its just annoying since in my it also spikes the thermals, from 40-45 degrees up to 60-65 degrees for a second, and then returns, its annoying since the fans ramp up and down every second, i tried to fix it by changing my fan curves, but it still sucks...

I would rather it to stay at 3.8 GHz when at idle or with light tasks like word processing or YouTube, and boost up to 4.3GHz when under load like when exporting a video in Premiere Pro...

53 minutes ago, Juch said:

thanks for the help, but i am doing CPU intensive tasks, its just annoying since in my it also spikes the thermals, from 40-45 degrees up to 60-65 degrees for a second, and then returns, its annoying since the fans ramp up and down every second, i tried to fix it by changing my fan curves, but it still sucks...

I would rather it to stay at 3.8 GHz when at idle or with light tasks like word processing or YouTube, and boost up to 4.3GHz when under load like when exporting a video in Premiere Pro...

IDK man, I know gpus have individual profiles for specific games but I'm not sure how to do that with cpu.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 1:39 PM, Mister Woof said:

IDK man, I know gpus have individual profiles for specific games but I'm not sure how to do that with cpu.

thx anyways