Will a DAC improve my audio experience.

yont
Go to solution Solved by mr moose,

I was in your same position but thanks to some user and review i've realized that amp or dac will not improve audio quality. For the price that you pay e9+e17 you can buy a real amp/equalizer..and maybe also a cd player for best audio fidelity.

you can't use the word fidelity and the word equaliser in the same sentence, that is a legitimate oxymoron (not joking). and the cd player is kinda pointles if his music is on his pc or he is gaming.  

OP,  if you like the sound from your amp with the spdif then just keep using it, no need to spend more money. :)

So recently i purchase a audio technica ath-m50 and was blown away by the sound. I have never had any expensive headset besides "gaming headsets". Now i been really into audio stuff and was wondering if purchasing a DAC will improve my audio experience on my computer. I am considering getting a ODAC from mayflower.

Probably only very marginally, but I like having the ability to turn dials and have it change right then.

Woo!

Not so much. Only need dac/amp combo on high impedance headsets or if you get static sound.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just try it and see what you think. JDS is another place you may want to consider getting it though...I personally think that Mayflower logo on it looks ugly. 

Just try it and see what you think. JDS is another place you may want to consider getting it though...I personally think that Mayflower logo on it looks ugly. 

Ehhhh trying would cost $270 though... and the Mayflower logo is just a sticker. Get some goo-gone and take it off. I like Mayflower because it's cheaper and they have more customization options. 

a DAC is really one of the least important parts in improving audio, it will only be significant if your onboard is broken.

I have the Fiio E10 that I use with my M50's and it does make difference but not a difference that's worth the $60 that the E10 costs. You will get better results by upping the quality of the source files.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

thank you for the input. I recently plug my ath-m50 to my receiver that is hook up to my computer via s/pdif and i felt like it sounded better so i was just wondering if a DAC will alot better from what i was hearing with my receiver.

So recently i purchase a audio technica ath-m50 and was blown away by the sound. I have never had any expensive headset besides "gaming headsets". Now i been really into audio stuff and was wondering if purchasing a DAC will improve my audio experience on my computer. I am considering getting a ODAC from mayflower.

I was in your same position but thanks to some user and review i've realized that amp or dac will not improve audio quality. For the price that you pay e9+e17 you can buy a real amp/equalizer..and maybe also a cd player for best audio fidelity.

you can't use the word fidelity and the word equaliser in the same sentence, that is a legitimate oxymoron (not joking). and the cd player is kinda pointles if his music is on his pc or he is gaming.  

OP,  if you like the sound from your amp with the spdif then just keep using it, no need to spend more money. :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.