Game Crash and pixelated, but back to deskop

Alleem

So i had a issue that while im playing games it crash and pixelated, but suddenly it back to deskop but when i furmark it nothing happen no pixelated or crash, my gpu is rx 470 but its brand new, could it be from the monitor or not? just wanna ask because the problem i think are my old monitor, my psu or my driver graphic gard

My spec

-Ryzen 3 3200g

-motherboard gigabyte a320m-h2s v2

-rx 470 biostar

-1×8 gb ram 2666

-2 hdd 250gb and 1000gb both 7200rpm

-energy optimus quantum k2-500ap (500w)

What are your temperatures like? An RX 470 is at least 4 years old and I'd expect the thermal paste to be dried out (Put a RX 480 blower in a Mac and checked the thermal paste and it was dried out). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

20 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

What are your temperatures like? An RX 470 is at least 4 years old and I'd expect the thermal paste to be dried out (Put a RX 480 blower in a Mac and checked the thermal paste and it was dried out). 

It's brand new, bought from 2019, but i bought it 2 months ago, the seller said the gpu never been connect by electric as well, the store has a good rating too, the pixelated happen sometimes it only happen 3 times maybe in 2 month.

1 minute ago, Alleem said:

It's brand new, bought from 2019, but i bought it last month, the store said the gpu never been connect by electric as well, the pixelated happen sometimes it only happen 3 times maybe in 2 month.

Was the tampered tape on the packaging of the graphics card cut? This sounds like the store said this graphics card is new but never connected to a computer, so then the tampered tape was cut?

Do you have any pictures of the pixilation that you can provide?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Was the tampered tape on the packaging of the graphics card cut? This sounds like the store said this graphics card is new but never connected to a computer, so then the tampered tape was cut?

Do you have any pictures of the pixilation that you can provide?

IMG_20201012_193054.jpg

~snipped photo above~

Looks like the memory chips are defective. I would send the card in for RMA.

Looks like the memory chips are defective. I would send the card in for RMA.

i already had, the seller test it's and nothing happen, he said the gpu is good, nothing bad happening to gpu, i test it in my friend computer furmark 30 minuted  and playing crysis 2 2 hour nothing happen, no sign of artifact. 

2 minutes ago, Alleem said:

i already had, the seller test it's and nothing happen, he said the gpu is good, nothing bad happening to gpu, i test it in my friend computer furmark 30 minuted  and playing crysis 2 2 hour nothing happen, no sign of artifact. 

That's strange, have you tried to DDU your graphics drivers? 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

That's strange, have you tried to DDU your graphics drivers? 

Yes i did, i think the adrenaline driver cause the crash cause im moving from igpu to gpu, or could be the psu

Yes i did, i think the adrenaline driver cause the crash cause im moving from igpu to gpu, or could be the psu

Usually if you add a graphics card into the system, the system will disable the integrated GPU but  I could be wrong. I've never heard of the brand name of that PSU. Have you thought about asking you friend if you can put his PSU in your system to rule out the PSU?

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Usually if you add a graphics card into the system, the system will disable the integrated GPU but  I could be wrong. I've never heard of the brand name of that PSU. Have you thought about asking you friend if you can put his PSU in your system to rule out the PSU?

its korean psu, my friend also never heard it, so it could be the psu that causing pixelated and crash?

its korean psu, my friend also never heard it, so it could be the psu that causing pixelated and crash?

Yeah, depending on the load the game is putting on the graphics card and scenes in the game, the graphics card may try to pull more from the PSU but it is unable to handle it and becomes unstable. 

Yeah, depending on the load the game is putting on the graphics card and scenes in the game, the graphics card may try to pull more from the PSU but it is unable to handle it and becomes unstable. 

thanks for the advise

4 minutes ago, Alleem said:

thanks for the advise

Anytime!!