Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rx 580 Shappire Nitro too hot need help

Hi, i do have a Rx 580 Sapphire Nitro, and unfortunatly the card run too hot, it goes around 83-84°C and that's where it thermal trothle, the fans speed very fast and loud, i do care a lot about noise.

I tryed to repast the gpu twice but i didn't solved the issue, now i undervolted and underclocked the card to have better thermals and noise, the latest state is @1280mhz @980mv and with this setting the max temps i saw is 76°C

Ambient temps is artound 22°C if that matter

What seems strange to me is that even if hardly undervolted and underclocked the card is still hot, i don't know if my repasting was bad, i saw a lot of video to understand what to do, the first time i've spread the paste, the second time i've dropped a "huge" drop in the middle, but nothing is different

 

If you have any tips i will appreciate it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Full system specs? Case? Was it always hot and loud or just recently? Did any case intake fans die?

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List          How to choose a Monitor          My Samsung Odyssey G7 Review

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @4.7GHz all-core OC (1.3125V) - Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V1 - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X @2.1GHz Core / 10GHz VRAM - RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix @3600Mhz cl14 (1.45V) - PSU: Corsair RMx 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (System) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK custom loop + Alphacool GPU Block - Case: CoolerMaster H500 - Fans: Noctua NF-F12 chromax - AMP/DAC: Asus Xonar Essence STX II - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitors: 2x LG 27GN850-B HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Logitech G Pro wireless + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures: (Furmark CPU-Burner and GPU-Burner running at the same time. Measured after water temperature hits equilibrium.)

CPU: 70°C

GPU: 52°C

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Hi, i do have a Rx 580 Sapphire Nitro, and unfortunatly the card run too hot, it goes around 83-84°C and that's where it thermal trothle, the fans speed very fast and loud, i do care a lot about noise.

I tryed to repast the gpu twice but i didn't solved the issue, now i undervolted and underclocked the card to have better thermals and noise, the latest state is @1280mhz @980mv and with this setting the max temps i saw is 76°C

Ambient temps is artound 22°C if that matter

What seems strange to me is that even if hardly undervolted and underclocked the card is still hot, i don't know if my repasting was bad, i saw a lot of video to understand what to do, the first time i've spread the paste, the second time i've dropped a "huge" drop in the middle, but nothing is different

 

If you have any tips i will appreciate it

Hi. I used to have this card too. Unfortunately this sounds fairly normal. There are a few things you can try though.

 

What case do you have? A good airflow case helps more than you would think. Removing dust filters can also help get more air into and out of the case.

 

Adding more case fans to pull heat out of the case is often quieter than the GPU fans going 100% all the time. Even having 3 or 4 exhaust fans running on low rpm all the time can help a lot.

 

Have you played with a custom fan curve in the Adrenalin software? Find out at what percentage the fans can maintain a sub 85c temp and set that as your max fan percentage.

 

Try limiting your FPS in game. Eg. I notice on my RX5700XT if I limit the game to 100fps in Warzone I can run 5c to 10c cooler than if I limit it to 144fps.

 

Finally, you mention you have undervolted, under-clocked and that didn't make a difference, that's okay, just leave the card at default and then do a custom fan curve and see how you go.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Full system specs? Case? Was it always hot and loud or just recently? Did any case intake fans die?

Ryzen 2600 with asus tuf 450m, the case is the fractal meshify c, i do have one 140 fan intake and one 120 out, the card was always hotter even with 2 120 fan intake at full speed

 

19 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Hi. I used to have this card too. Unfortunately this sounds fairly normal. There are a few things you can try though.

 

What case do you have? A good airflow case helps more than you would think. Removing dust filters can also help get more air into and out of the case.

 

Adding more case fans to pull heat out of the case is often quieter than the GPU fans going 100% all the time. Even having 3 or 4 exhaust fans running on low rpm all the time can help a lot.

 

Have you played with a custom fan curve in the Adrenalin software? Find out at what percentage the fans can maintain a sub 85c temp and set that as your max fan percentage.

 

Try limiting your FPS in game. Eg. I notice on my RX5700XT if I limit the game to 100fps in Warzone I can run 5c to 10c cooler than if I limit it to 144fps.

 

Finally, you mention you have undervolted, under-clocked and that didn't make a difference, that's okay, just leave the card at default and then do a custom fan curve and see how you go.

 

 

I will try some more fans than, i've already tryed different fan curve, but at high rpm it's very noisy.

Undervolting and underclocking it helps a lot, i mean the card is hot but not more than 76 and the fan at this temp run slower

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

Ryzen 2600 with asus tuf 450m, the case is the fractal meshify c, i do have one 140 fan intake and one 120 out, the card was always hotter even with 2 120 fan intake at full speed

 

I will try some more fans than, i've already tryed different fan curve, but at high rpm it's very noisy.

Undervolting and underclocking it helps a lot, i mean the card is hot but not more than 76 and the fan at this temp run slower

I feel you. Even my 5700XT is really loud when the two fans are spinning at 2500rpm-3000rpm. I have to wear headset to drown it out.

It'd be dope if GPUs were silent but they ain't.

In your case I would try 2x140 intakes and 3x120 exhaust, and you might want a pwm splitter cable or two. On your motherboard there should be 3 fan headers. One will be taken up with CPU leaving you two to play with.

I personally like to have the intakes on one header and the exhausts on another then I can control the intake and outtake separately

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×