Need some help

Vatsug

I have a gigabyte motherboard that blinks when i turn it on and it doesn't show any picture on my screen.   

I got it new from Bestbuy.. 

Some1 plz help

Just now, ManOfManyVoices said:

I have a gigabyte motherboard that blinks when i turn it on and it doesn't show any picture on my screen.   

I got it new from Bestbuy.. 

Some1 plz help

Which Display OUT on the back do you use right now? HDMI?

Even if its Displayport or HDMI,..is it plugged into the Onboard Motherboard Display or the Graphics card display outputs... (If Dedicated GPU exists)
If you have a GPU, but the cable is in the onboard motherboard display out (HDMI on motherboard) when your GPU is installed that can happen.
Plug HDMI/Display Cable into the appropriate GPU display out and resuss Monitor on Boot.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

What board? What CPU? Memory? Graphics? Are you trying to use the iGPU when you have a GPU in the PCIe slot? Does it have a little code readout? What codes does it show? Need way more info. 

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Which Display OUT on the back do you use right now? HDMI?

Even if its Displayport or HDMI,..is it plugged into the Onboard Motherboard Display or the Graphics card display outputs... (If Dedicated GPU exists)
If you have a GPU, but the cable is in the onboard motherboard display out (HDMI on motherboard) when your GPU is installed that can happen.
Plug HDMI/Display Cable into the appropriate GPU display out and resuss Monitor on Boot.

i used on board graphics nothing showed up

1 minute ago, ManOfManyVoices said:

i used on board graphics nothing showed up

But... does your PC have a dedicated GPU installed, because the board will AUTO shift the Installed GPU as Primary and iGPU (onboard) as secondary.
That usually leads to your issue.
If you have a Graphics card installed into PCIE slots, use THAT Graphics cards HDMI out (or whatever cables you use, displayport or otherwise)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, thermalgoop said:

What board? What CPU? Memory? Graphics? Are you trying to use the iGPU when you have a GPU in the PCIe slot? Does it have a little code readout? What codes does it show? Need way more info. 

sry bout that the board is a B365M DS3H and i have an intel i5-9400

gpu is an evga gtx 660

psu is a corsair 750watt psu

and i have 2 vengence lpx ddr4 ram 8x2 3200mhz

sry bout that the board is a B365M DS3H and i have an intel i5-9400

gpu is an evga gtx 660

psu is a corsair 750watt psu

and i have 2 vengence lpx ddr4 ram 8x2 3200mhz

So yeah, make sure you're connected to the video ports on the GPU in the PCIe slot.

If you're not getting anything still, your board may not support 9th gen out of the box. Get access to a cheap 8th gen Celeron or something, or get a shop to do the BIOS update for you. 

Has this ever worked?

Did it work for a while and stop working?

Did you just get it home?

You say you got it from best buy, is it a Dell, HP or something, did they custom build it, did you buy the parts and put it together yourself?

Fill us in. 🙂

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

how can i do it myself if i wanted to

You'd need an older 8th gen Intel CPU supported by the BIOS that's currently on the board (F1). Check https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-cpu for supported CPUs by the BIOS version F1. You can get a compatible Celeron for cheap and then flip it when you're done. 
You'll need a flash drive and another PC to download the BIOS update file. Instructions should be on the vendor's website. 

3 minutes ago, cr8tor said:

Has this ever worked?

Did it work for a while and stop working?

Did you just get it home?

You say you got it from best buy, is it a Dell, HP or something, did they custom build it, did you buy the parts and put it together yourself?

Fill us in. 🙂

brand spankin new bought it separately 

5 minutes ago, thermalgoop said:

You'd need an older 8th gen Intel CPU supported by the BIOS that's currently on the board (F1). Check https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-cpu for supported CPUs by the BIOS version F1. You can get a compatible Celeron for cheap and then flip it when you're done. 
You'll need a flash drive and another PC to download the BIOS update file. Instructions should be on the vendor's website. 

Tnx but do you know if the store does it for free??

Can you post a picture of how you have all the cables plugged in at the back?

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

Tnx but do you know if they do it for free??

You dont need a bios update for this to work if you just bought a complete computer from best buy.

It should work fine out of the box.

Family machines

Just now, cr8tor said:

You dont need a bios update for this to work if you just bought a complete computer from best buy.

It should work fine out of the box.

its not a complete pc im building it

3 minutes ago, ManOfManyVoices said:

its not a complete pc im building it

Gotcha,

Can you post a picture of how you have all the cables plugged in at the back?

Family machines