MANY rgb fan hook up help

Ravendarat

Ok so I am planning my next build, im planning on using 17 fans that are rgb, they are 4 pin 12v style connnectors. I have a MSI MEG ACE x570 board I am gonna use. It has a single 4 ping RGB header. Is there some kind of powered junction block I can get that maybe uses SATA power and just has a RGB header on it? Even if I have to use 2-3 of those boxes I would imagine splitting the motherboard header 3 times to those boxes wouldnt be an issue as its just signal at that point if they get their power from SATA/molex. I just dont know what the things would be called I am looking for

Why do you need 17 fans exactly? not trying to be mean or anything. 

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

1 minute ago, SlashedM said:

Why do you need 17 fans exactly? not trying to be mean or anything. 

I dont, but Im filling the case, 17 fan spots, im putting in 17 fans

I should have also pointed out that im not concerned about doing any fancy effects with the lighting that would require software to identify each fan, just want to be able to set the global colours

Each RGB header is 3A, each fan header on mobo is 1A. If you get hub or controller, those might have higher amps per header. For 17 fans, say 3xheader, you need 6 headers. If you want to control in zones, thats 5x4-way splitters, one using CPU header. For RGB, you should go for couple or hubs. Which exactly depends on do you go with ecosystem or universal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv