Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P IPS glow or backlight bleed?

Leelu

I recently bought this monitor. Coming from a TN

panel, I’m totally new to IPS. I’ve read stuff about IPS glow and I guess some backlight bleed is normal with all the IPS monitors. So I’m just wondering if mine is normal? Or reasonable? If not then I would exchange it while still under the retail warranty? Please help! Thanks so much.

9AC194A7-243E-4C95-B73D-215C99A898DF.jpeg

9FE98EDC-64A5-43A9-A5E2-2F0495AF21F8.jpeg

FF563ABD-79C2-4B5C-8FE4-5DD71DB4AB6D.jpeg

1E53347D-A2C1-47D8-A1B9-CCC5B9A3CA08.jpeg

AFD14C01-8E54-4BD4-8A99-945699386E2C.jpeg

670F9060-828F-466B-8DCC-090C60CF53F6.jpeg

BF0133CF-3FEC-4759-8E7F-32670A85D20C.jpeg

bit of both.

As u can see, as u look at it from different angles certain parts of the screen change in uniformity. Those parts are IPS glow. You can alter ur seating position and adjust the monitor height to get the ideal angle on it, but ur likely to still see some.

The bits that dont change are BLB.

When buying a monitor ur always playing the panel lottery, some monitor models are known to be worse than others (MSI tend to have poor uniformity i find) but IPS specifically have a hard time with uniformity as they have to not only deal with BLB but also IPS glow.

if u find it to distracting, get it replaced under warranty and try the lottery again.

You can also try a DIY tweak to reduce BLB, it involves tightening and loosening the screws holding the display together, to add or relive pressure on the panel to reduce the amount of light coming through form the backlight.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/aorus-fi27q

As you can see this model has been reviewed as having poor uniformity.

As mentioned in the below guide, if u dont choose a monitor based on actual 'proper' reviews, ur taking a gamble and this is often the result.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:

bit of both.

As u can see, as u look at it from different angles certain parts of the screen change in uniformity. Those parts are IPS glow. You can alter ur seating position and adjust the monitor height to get the ideal angle on it, but ur likely to still see some.

The bits that dont change are BLB.

When buying a monitor ur always playing the panel lottery, some monitor models are known to be worse than others (MSI tend to have poor uniformity i find) but IPS specifically have a hard time with uniformity as they have to not only deal with BLB but also IPS glow.

if u find it to distracting, get it replaced under warranty and try the lottery again.

You can also try a DIY tweak to reduce BLB, it involves tightening and loosening the screws holding the display together, to add or relive pressure on the panel to reduce the amount of light coming through form the backlight.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/gigabyte/aorus-fi27q

As you can see this model has been reviewed as having poor uniformity.

As mentioned in the below guide, if u dont choose a monitor based on actual 'proper' reviews, ur taking a gamble and this is often the result.

Thanks for the reply. Like I said I am totally new to IPS, so I had no idea and did not even look into the black uniformity, only looked at other gaming features. Other than the glow/blb I am pretty satisfied with the monitor though. The colors are pretty decent and I honestly don’t play games that are dark or watch movies or anything on this monitor so I guess I’ll just stick with it. Since there are no other issues and it doesn’t bother me in games.