XMP setting / RAM module

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.

I've purchased recently a new 2x8gb ram Corsair Vengeance Pro Memory 2x8gb Ddr4 3200mhz White RGB (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16w).
My board is AB350M-HDV and my cpu is ryzen 3 1200. 

Here it goes:
I've decided to upgrade my ram due to some workloads that I'm getting and at the same time to improve somehow gaming experience (i haven't upgraded my gpu rx550).

Task manager shows 1067 mhz in speed (2134 mhz) . After researching, I went to the bios and enabled the XMP to 3200 mhz (profile1). 

And after saving and restarting, it just didn't boot properly. Probably 2-3 secs of powering then off, and so on it became a loop. Maybe around 5-7 times then it just went to a proper boot up. 

When it booted properly, it still shows the same ram speed(1067mhz) which should be 3200 mhz as I've OCed/ turned XMP on. But then, because of the boot problem that I've encountered, I've decided to turn it off and did nothing.

Before buying the ram, I've checked that my ram is on the support page of my asrock mobo and I thought that it should show the speed that I bought (3200mhz). But with the problem that I've been, I suddenly felt that it wasn't a worth buy for me just because of those appearance of the speed. I've spent around $100 for the two sticks although it's part of my plan to upgrade to 16gb.

And my question is, is there any possible way that I can make it appear to 3200 mhz or at least higher than 2133 mhz  as it's a lot of gap from the current speed that I have without experiencing the bootup failure that I've experienced? 

I hope experts here will advice what I must do or what I shouldn't do. Thank you in advance guys. 

Jess

Zen 1 CPU can hardly handle 3000mhz iirc

Try turning on XMP but change the frequency to 2666, if it works then try bumping the frequency up to next notch

After you found the stable freq, you can tune the timings to compensate for the latency loss due to frequency drop

Validate stability with memtest86

If you think you messed up other settings, clear cmos and try again

Tip: write things down in a paper so you don't forget the settings you tested

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Zen 1 CPU can hardly handle 3000mhz iirc

Try turning on XMP but change the frequency to 2666, if it works then try bumping the frequency up to next notch

After you found the stable freq, you can tune the timings to compensate for the latency loss due to frequency drop

Validate stability with memtest86

If you think you messed up other settings, clear cmos and try again

Tip: write things down in a paper so you don't forget the settings you tested

Thank you moonzy, this really helps a lot for me. 

I don't have someone to guide me for other options for test and trials that I have to do. I'll do this, well at least 2666 is much better than what I get on 2133.

Again, thank you thank you so much.

If there are other inputs that I can learn and get some tips, keep it coming guys. I appreciate all of your help. :)

2 minutes ago, Jessy0000 said:

don't have someone to guide me for other options for test and trials that I have to do

I'm not that good at memory OC myself either, so I can only give you a general guide

You can run the RAM at 2666 (or maybe even 2800 or smth) and keep the XMP timing

It'll be a tad slower than what it can achieve but if you're fine with not getting that performance you can just keep it as is, as long as it's stable

Again, validate with memtest86

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

I'm not that good at memory OC myself either, so I can only give you a general guide

You can run the RAM at 2666 (or maybe even 2800 or smth) and keep the XMP timing

It'll be a tad slower than what it can achieve but if you're fine with not getting that performance you can just keep it as is, as long as it's stable

Again, validate with memtest86

Noted on those points. 

I'm not actually a typical guy who writes on a paper but I've understood the importance of that tip. I'll update once I'm done.

Thank you very much!

An update: 2666 mhz is a success. 

I'll update if 2933 mhz is still fine, hopefully it will.

Update 2: same problem with 2933 mhz, I'll stick to 2666 mhz. Thanks everyone.