Top Network Cards?

Jedibrysen

My Intel Ethernet slot recently has been having Packet Loss issues and I have come to the conclusion it is my Motherboards etherent. what motherboards come with Killer™ Ethernet E3100 or what pcie cards should i look into? im looking into pure gaming. If there is a motherboard with it ill probably just upgrade to a z490 from a z390.

18 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Any Intel network adapter is probably your best choice for basic 1Gb/s ethernet.

Killer is the best option according to a lot of people

6 hours ago, Jedibrysen said:

My Intel Ethernet slot recently has been having Packet Loss issues and I have come to the conclusion it is my Motherboards etherent.

In curious. How did you come to this conclusion?

5 hours ago, Jedibrysen said:

Killer is the best option according to a lot of people

For those who fall for the "gamer" hype/advertising. They use other companies' hardware (e.g. Intel), maybe add more cooling and their version of a tuned driver/software. In my experience, devices that came with Killer-integrated peripherals always have problems and the solution was usually to convert to the OEM driver.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:44 AM, Jedibrysen said:

My Intel Ethernet slot recently has been having Packet Loss issues and I have come to the conclusion it is my Motherboards etherent.

Highly unlikely, packet loss should only occur if you are trying to move more data than there is capacity for.  It is possible you have a bad ethernet cable, but even then I'm not sure it would show as packet loss.

If you are basing this purely on gaming, its far more likely to be happening somewhere else.  Most packet loss happens either between your router and your ISP, or your ISP and the game servers.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7