Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello guys i have my ryzen 3600 overcloked to 4.2ghz and voltage lowered to 1.25 using ryzen master (0 errors using OCCT, also played some games), but when i want to overclock with bios even at 3.9ghz i had a lot errors right away and im not even lowering the voltage

 

anyone know the reason of this?  

 

thanks!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherboard? Specs? 

 

Reset BIOS, don't apply XMP, disable PBO, raise CPU ratio and try booting.. Then mess with voltage.. After success, enable XMP.. 

 

Also, make sure to disable Ryzen Master on startup so it doesn't change anything.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrdoubtfull said:

Motherboard? Specs? 

 

Reset BIOS, don't apply XMP, disable PBO, raise CPU ratio and try booting.. Then mess with voltage.. After success, enable XMP.. 

 

Also, make sure to disable Ryzen Master on startup so it doesn't change anything.. 

sorry i forgot it, i have an ryzen 3600,mother gigabyte b450 ds3h and 16gb 3200hz

thanks for answering im going to try that, but anyway all that i want to know is why overclock with ryzen master to 4.2ghz and undervolting without a single problem, but i cant do the same on bios, i cant even set it to 4.0ghz without increasing voltage

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kmdays said:

sorry i forgot it, i have an ryzen 3600,mother gigabyte b450 ds3h and 16gb 3200hz

thanks for answering im going to try that, but anyway all that i want to know is why overclock with ryzen master to 4.2ghz and undervolting without a single problem, but i cant do the same on bios, i cant even set it to 4.0ghz without increasing voltage

I'm not sure why.. Hopefully my suggestions help.. Could be a number of things.. Might need to update the BIOS to something stable.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been known that overclocking with ryzen master is not so weird to the system. if I would tried a overclock on my old 2600x in ryzen master that I know would crash if I tried it via the bios it simply works for some reason. However it isnt extremely stable. So I dont advice in using it. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 7 3800XT                                             (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

Link to post
Share on other sites

i realised that my bios have an option called AMD Manual Overclock, have anyone tried that? it is any difference between that and the regular overclock? it seems to be way easier because you can set the specific voltage value insted of going + and -

 

(image from internet)

amdmanual.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 4:37 AM, mrdoubtfull said:

Motherboard? Specs? 

 

Reset BIOS, don't apply XMP, disable PBO, raise CPU ratio and try booting.. Then mess with voltage.. After success, enable XMP.. 

 

Also, make sure to disable Ryzen Master on startup so it doesn't change anything.. 

Nub question,  wny not apply XMP?

-= Maximus VIII Extreme ||| I7-6700K |||  32Gb DDr4 @2123Mhz ||| Msi RTX 2080Ti =-

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kmdays said:

i realised that my bios have an option called AMD Manual Overclock, have anyone tried that? it is any difference between that and the regular overclock?

Hearing that settings in there may persist through a clear cmos.
For stability issues, have you adjusted llc settings, medium/medium-high tend to yield good results.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600 3.7GHz@1.0125v(0.975v get) | Noctua Nh l9x65 am4 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000 cl15@3733 cl16|Zotac 2060 amp 1965mhz@900mv | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG | Silverstone ML08

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sumtinwon said:

Nub question,  wny not apply XMP?

Just to experiment with the BIOS. Sometimes trying to apply multiple settings at the same time can cause problems.. Of course you need XMP (or manual OC) which is why I said to re-enable it after tweaking settings. 

 

 I like to work on one overclock at a time (CPU or RAM). When I get them both stable (independently), I apply one, save and restart to ensure it works, then apply the other OC settings, save and restart. Working on both overclocks at the same time can cause conflicts and on top of that you may not know where the problem lies if one arises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mrdoubtfull said:

Just to experiment with the BIOS. Sometimes trying to apply multiple settings at the same time can cause problems.. Of course you need XMP (or manual OC) which is why I said to re-enable it after tweaking settings. 

 

 I like to work on one overclock at a time (CPU or RAM). When I get them both stable (independently), I apply one, save and restart to ensure it works, then apply the other OC settings, save and restart. Working on both overclocks at the same time can cause conflicts and on top of that you may not know where the problem lies if one arises. 

Ryzen Master uses CCX instead of all core CPU overclock which is why you will get different results in Ryzen Master. My motherboard has the option to change all core to CCX in BIOS, so switch to CCX mode that way. One thing to note, you want to stay below 1.25V for a 3600, it has been known to cause degradation at 1.25V and above.

 

For this find your FIT voltage for your CPU. (The maximum voltage you can OC at safely 24/7).

 

To do this:

 

*  Enable PBO in BIOS

* Set all other BIOS settings to default

* Run Prime95 Small FTT

* Open HWInfo64 a couple of seconds after running Small FTT.

* Keep Small FTT running for 10 minutes

* Where it says CPU Voltage (SV12 TFN) in HWInfo64, check the minimum voltage that it says. That is your max FIT voltage

 

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Ryzen Master uses CCX instead of all core CPU overclock which is why you will get different results in Ryzen Master. My motherboard has the option to change all core to CCX in BIOS, so switch to CCX mode that way. One thing to note, you want to stay below 1.25V for a 3600, it has been known to cause degradation at 1.25V and above.

 

Have been running mine 4.5GHz at 1.32v for a few months. Let's see how soon it'll die.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deli said:

Have been running mine 4.5GHz at 1.32v for a few months. Let's see how soon it'll die.

Probably won't die soon but maybe it won't run at 4.5GHz anymore in a few months.

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rogerzz said:

Probably won't die soon but maybe it won't run at 4.5GHz anymore in a few months.

Will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deli said:

Will see.

Ah, yes. Money to burn I see!

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

Ah, yes. Money to burn I see!

Source from those old reddit posts? How many 3600 degrade with 1.3v after a few months? We don't have any real numbers except a few guys posted their months ago. That is a few out of many thousands. Also, how do you use the CPU? Gaming a few hours a day, or render videos 12 hours a day, is a completely different story.

 

I'll say those guys buying 3090 for gaming only have money to burn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deli said:

Source from those old reddit posts? How many 3600 degrade with 1.3v after a few months? We don't have any real numbers except a few guys posted their months ago. Also, how do you use the CPU? Gaming a few hours a day, or render videos 12 hours a day, is a completely different story.

 

I'll say those guys buying 3090 for gaming only have money to burn.

Few references, but there are multiple other threads.

F

 

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites

First I don't run Prime 95. Second, how many games can put as much load as Prime 95? Third if you're so scare the CPU will degrade, and planning to pass it to your son/daughter as heirloom. Go ahead run it stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deli said:

First I don't run Prime 95. Second, how many games can put as much load as Prime 95? Third if you're so scare the CPU will degrade, and planning to pass it to your son/daughter as heirloom. Go ahead run it stock.

What are you using to test stability?

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rogerzz said:

What are you using to test stability?

OCCT small data set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deli said:

OCCT small data set.

That's all?

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rogerzz said:

That's all?

It has been a few months. Yet to have any crash on games and Blender.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deli said:

It has been a few months. Yet to have any crash on games and Blender.

So really, its probably "stable" but not enough for 100% horsepower P95, which you will never reach that kinda load anyways in day to day use.

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rogerzz said:

So really, its probably "stable" but not enough for 100% horsepower P95, which you will never reach that kinda load anyways in day to day use.

I stopped using P95 since Haswell day. Use either AIDA64 or OCCT now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deli said:

I stopped using P95 since Haswell day. Use either AIDA64 or OCCT now.

My 4.2GHz at 1.18V passed OCCT and AIDA64 but fails P95.

Ryzen 5 3600 4.0GHz 1.1V | 16GB @ 3600MHz | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair RMx 650W | Fractal Meshify C

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rogerzz said:

My 4.2GHz at 1.18V passed OCCT and AIDA64 but fails P95.

I don't have any games or app that can put I consider "unrealistic" load on CPU like P95. I used AIDA64 for my old 5820k. Then recently switch to OCCT. Did the test for my brother-in-law's 2950X two years ago. Then my 3900X last year, and 3600 a few months ago. They are stable no crash in actual gaming and apps like Blender and Handbrake. I see no reason to use P95.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×