On startup, Explorer takes ages to load, certain applications don't open at all.

Synatec
Go to solution Solved by Synatec,

The issue seems solved for now, I haven't done much testing yet but for now I'll consider this solved.

I reinstalled SATA drivers and it worked like a charm again.

Thanks for the help the 2 of you!

Hi,

Recently I started to experience windows explorer not loading when I start my computer, when i try to open it it completely freezes and I have to restart it in task manager, which takes ages to open aswell. After a while it all goes back to normal.

This started happening randomly, I installed R6S and ran some benchmark tests, my pc froze, I restarted and then it all started happening. No errors, nothing. I also started getting coil whine after this, which I didn't experience so far. It has happened at startup 8x in a row as of writing this thread.

My specs

Mobo: Gigabyte x570 gaming x

cpu: 3700x

gpu : gigabyte 2070 super

ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x 8gb 3200

drives: 500gb samsung 970 evo, 1tb wd blue and 1tb seagate barracuda

Any help is appreciated, this machine is quite new so this was very unexpected.

23 minutes ago, Synatec said:

Any help is appreciated, this machine is quite new so this was very unexpected.

Check event viewer, and system section, for any Red Xs, that indicates a serious error on something. Check the drive health (use the manufacturer's suggested software for this) as well

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Check event viewer, and system section, for any Red Xs, that indicates a serious error on something. Check the drive health (use the manufacturer's suggested software for this) as well

All Xs I have are the ones of the pc freezing and me restarting it manually. Drive health is OK

fHwg8Zv.png

I just found this looking at my task manager

8XVwkvU.png

This is the SATA SSD, all it has on it are games.

This was after a fresh  startup, goes back to 0% after a while.

5 minutes ago, Synatec said:

I just found this looking at my task manager

~Snipped~

This is the SATA SSD, all it has on it are games.

This was after a fresh  startup, goes back to 0% after a while.

If the utilizations go down after a minute or two, then its normal and just startup tasks such as the launchers like Origin/Steam being gathered together. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

30 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

If the utilizations go down after a minute or two, then its normal and just startup tasks such as the launchers like Origin/Steam being gathered together. 

It is 100% for about 5 minutes before I can do anything with that drive, I am now sure it is a problem with that drive. 

I've tried the following:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-100-percent-disk-usage-problem

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-disable-superfetch-in-windows-10

Both didnt work

Edit: It was 100% for exactly 7 minutes and 18 seconds. After it's done having a tantrum, everything works as expected.

The issue seems solved for now, I haven't done much testing yet but for now I'll consider this solved.

I reinstalled SATA drivers and it worked like a charm again.

Thanks for the help the 2 of you!

11 hours ago, Synatec said:

goes back to 0% after a while.

How long does it stay at 100%? That is not normal...

EDIT

NVM, didn't see the rest of the post glad it's fixed

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.