Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make second GPU do more work

Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

unfortunately, the gpu's aren't going to work together in this way, or mostly any other productive way.

I got a GTX 760 and a GT 710 in my PC and can't find any option to make the GT 710 do more tasks. I would like for the 710 to do easier work like run wallpaper engine while my 760 does gaming. Basically I don't want my 760 to do extra tasks other than the important stuff. Windows sees only the 760 as both the power saving and the performance card so I can't change that in the graphics settings. Nvidia control panel doesn't have the option I need, I've tried setting programs to use the 710 cuda and for openGL in the panel but that doesnt do anything. Both cards are working "fine", but only one really does anything automatically. I've also disabled the 760 temporarily and yes the 710 works during that time. I've got two monitors to both cards, main monitor to gtx 760. Is there any option for me to make the 710 take off some stress off of the gtx 760?

unfortunately, the gpu's aren't going to work together in this way, or mostly any other productive way.

set a blue wallpaper instead of some useless 4K gif and you'll notice the difference

What's the point of multiple monitors with those cards though? Unless you have multiple tiny tubes displaying 600p 

fwB4h.jpg

Check the settings in Wallpaper engine, there should be a setting for it to stop animated wallpapers when it detects a full-screen game. Anything not animated should be so lightweight that it's not impacting performance at all.

My PCs:

Timothy: 

i7 4790k

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

ASUS GTX 1060 6GB

Corsair Carbide 300R

On 10/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, tim0901 said:

Check the settings in Wallpaper engine, there should be a setting for it to stop animated wallpapers when it detects a full-screen game. Anything not animated should be so lightweight that it's not impacting performance at all.

I actually had that already set up. 

Also I found that I can push the workload of wallpaper engine onto the 710 by disabling the 760 then starting the application then re-enable the 760 when I do other stuff. Not sure if temporary or if it does what I want it to, I used the Nvidia GPU activity to see where it was and It was staying on the 710. I wonder if someone can make a program that can hide gpus from certain applications so that the app automatically goes to the gpu you want it to go to.