My Pc wont post at all.

ErikKninja

I built my pc about 3 years ago and last christmas i got a new gpu, everything worked great and I had no issues. Recently I took it all apart and did a deep cleaning. But when plugged everything back in and turned it on, all of the fans were spinning, but nothing was coming up on the screen. No logos, nothing. I was just stuck on a black screen for a little bit then my monitor went to sleep as if my pc wasn't connected at all. I have my keyboard and mouse hooked up too and they aren't lighting up like normal. I am really desperate to get it running again.

Make sure everything is seated properly, CPU, GPU etc. Make sure all the cables are plugged in all the way. AND make sure the PINS within those cables are pushed in all the way. That was a problem I had recently.

Next step would be to unplug everything. So that means all your storage drives including m.2, SSD, hard drives, SATA, etc. Unplug your keyboard and mouse and any other external peripherals. Just have the bare minimum hardware: CPU, RAM, and Video. If your motherboard has built in video then use that and take out your video card too.

Then see if you can get any kind of display output. You might need to reset CMOS too.

How can I reset CMOS? I tried the bare minimum and still nothing happened.

it is an Asus m5a97 le r2.0

I tried the CMOS reset and still got nothing.

Well there are too many variables here and its difficult to do remote troubleshooting. You might try reseating the CPU. It could be a loose cable or maybe you damaged something on the mobo when you did your deep cleaning.

Does the mobo have a debug LED? Do you hear any beeps?

No, on the mobo there is just light that comes on when the pc is on. During the deep clean all I did was use an air duster and a damp paper towel on the fans.

• Check if EVERY power cable is connected. Auxiliary power connectors included.
  • Make sure the cable coming from your monitor is attached securely to the graphics card. Also make sure it is securely attached to the monitor itself.
  • Make sure your monitor works by testing it on a different computer.
  • Make sure all connectors and cables are plugged in securely, reseat them anyway.
  • Make sure your RAM, CPU and GPU are plugged in securely, reseat them anyway.
  • If the motherboard you're using has debug LEDs, check the error code and consult the motherboard manual to see what it means.
  • If you have a debug speaker connected to the motherboard, note the beep sequence and consult the motherboard manual or this thread to see what it means.
  • Try booting your computer with only a motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM attached (if you don't have an iGPU, plug in your GPU as well ;) ).
  • Make sure your GPU works (if you have a dedicated one), try it in another computer.
  • Make sure your RAM works, try it another computer.
  • Make sure the RAM is compatible with your CPU and your motherboard.

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.

Out of curiosity, what worked? 

Daily driver (looking to upgrade mobo and cpu spring of 2021)   --- The only time I sort by price from high to low is when I am shopping for CPU's and GPU's (looking for a cheap i7-7700k though)
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+  CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6MHz OC  Cooling: Corsair H115i Hydro  Memory: TridentZ 32GB @ 3600MHz  GPU: EVGA 2070 FTW3 ULTRA+ (OC'd 50/300)  
PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 980 Pro 1TB, 950 PRO 512Mb, (2)ADATA SU800 1TB  Keyboard: Logitech G910  Mouse: Logitech G502   Headset: Logitech G930 UPS: APC Pro 1500 S

Unraid box providing network routing, home automation services, and media services ( I love unraid!)

USB Key: SanDisk 16GB Ultra Fit  Mobo: Intel DX79SR Extreme+  CPU: i7-3820  Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator  Storage: (cache)480gb Micron SSD (1)8TB HDD (1) 4TB HDD  
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GT LP OC (passed through to Emby)  NIC: Intel I350-T4 4-port Gb (passed through to PFSense)  UPS: APC PRO 1000
Docker Containers: Emby and Home-Assistant-Core  Virtual machines: PFsense ( I love PFSense!)

Family machines
Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-E  CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F  Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx 400  Memory: Teamgroup Elite Plus DDR4 16GB  Storage: Silicon Power 1TB NVMe M.2  
GPU: Asus GTX 1660 Super 6GB or EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB  PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+  UPS: APC XS 1300

As well as a number of other machines, a ton of parts, miles of cables, and who knows what else!
Private message me for quicker assistance. I also build and ship custom machines at a really fair price.