What am I doing Wrong? LG C9 - RTX 3090

PhantomHelix

Ok Awhile back I bought an LG55C9.PUA TV (currently on firmware 4.80.03)

I just got my RTX 3090FE and it is connected with a Belkin 48gbps hdmi 2.1 cable, I have 5 of these cables and 3 from various other manufacturers its the same with all of them

I can set PC mode desktop resolution to 3840x2160 @120hz

My Issue is that I can Not play hardly any games in Fullscreen,Exclusive Fullscreen or windowed borderless or else i get a no signal/invalid format or the screen just repeatedly blacks out every few seconds

when the screen goes to No signal and the game will allow me to bring up the start menu it will then display with the game behind the start menu but as soon as I close the start menu it goes back into No signal.

I've been playing games in windowed mode at half or 3/4 of full resolution just so i can see what im playing.

Does anyone have any tips I can try to fix this with?

From a review:

image.png.82c07b9f665303a5f1119e5b14bc2bf0.png

Looks like you might need to enable G-Sync Compatible mode or whatever it's called through the Nvidia Control Panel in order to run the TV at 120Hz in a 3D application. I'm not an expert in this though.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

There are tons of issues with these cards and LG OLEDs right now. Check AVS Forum for hundreds of pages of discussions. A firmware update is coming.

G-Sync isn't working so you actually need to disable it right now. And there are currently no officially certified HDMI 2.1 cables so it is a total crap shoot. A lot of people have reported that the Belkins don't work. Many people including myself have had good results with Zeskit. Even then there are handshaking issues and I have to unplug and re-plug it to get it to sync up.

This is all bleeding edge stuff and its going to take a couple of months for it to get sorted out unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

im having the exact same issue, i just got update version 05.00.3 today and still have the same issue.