Windows 10 time not working.

Hello all,

Here's my system, for future reference:

R5 3600, Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming ITX-TB3, MSI Ventus RTX 2060 Super, 16(2x8)gb Gskill Ripjaws 5 3600mhz, Crucial 512gb NVME, Samsung 850 Evo 1tb, WD Blue 4tb, Ncase M1, Silverstone 700W SFX PSU.

My current issue is that windows time and date service isn't keeping, well up to date. I've already looked around online and have tried restarting the windows time service in services.msc, as well as changing the time server. Every time I turn off my pc, and start it back up again, the time doesn't update the the current time, even after waiting a few minutes and doing some work. If I turn my PC off at 11pm the night before, it will resume from 11pm the next day and continue on without realizing its mistake and changing the time. The only to solve this problem is manually press the sync now button. I've also run the sfc/scannow to see if there were any issues, none to be found. I have no pending windows updates.

My last resort is the CMOS battery, though I doubt that is the issue. I run an undervolt on my ryzen system, as well as an xmp profile, and it hasn't been resetting regularly, so I don't believe that's it. Plus, I'm really not into putting the effort into dismantling the system at the moment just to get to CMOS. If it comes to that, I will. 

I'd appreciate all your help. If you think that this doesn't belong in this section of the forum, let me know. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, MrPhantastic said:

My last resort is the CMOS battery, though I doubt that is the issue. I run an undervolt on my ryzen system, as well as an xmp profile, and it hasn't been resetting regularly, so I don't believe that's it. Plus, I'm really not into putting the effort into dismantling the system at the moment just to get to CMOS. If it comes to that, I will. 

If your computer is not maintaining its time when sleeping or powered off, the CMOS battery is dead. Plain and simple.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

7 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

If your computer is not maintaining its time when sleeping or powered off, the CMOS battery is dead. Plain and simple.

Just replaced the battery. That's not it. 

30 minutes ago, MrPhantastic said:

Just replaced the battery. That's not it. 

That's unfortunate. Check your BIOS to see if the time reported matches the current time. If the time is correct, try testing the following:

• Boot into Windows, force a time synchronization in Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time (Win+R, enter ms-settings:dateandtime in Run).
  • Record the time Windows is reporting.
  • Turn off your computer for 15 minutes.
  • Boot and check the time difference.

It's possible that the issue has absolutely nothing to do with your BIOS, and you're simply encountering a one-off Windows bug. If the time difference is greater than or less than expected, you may want to consider a Windows reinstallation. This issue is vague enough that attempting to troubleshoot may be a waste of time. Alternatively, you can try using a Ubuntu Live Instance (or preferred distro) to verify that the issue originates from Windows.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Funny enough I noticed the same issue yesterday... I think windows time servers are just messed up maybe? 

Clicked on time so it would connect and it updated the time. However before I did this the time was several minutes off so it must have not been connected for a while... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity