Graphics Card Shuts down and goes full speed

3aloy

Hello, I just built my new pc, Ryzen 7 2700x, ASUS DUAL RTX 2060,GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Elite, G-Skill Aegis 16GB 3000MHz, 600w EVGA and then i went to play fortnite and after 15 minutes the graphics card shut down and ran full speed while the pc still on and i couldnt power the pc off unless i turn the power off so after that i stress tested my gpu for an hour and it was totally fine and i tested my cpu and it went fine too so i went into the game and check temps while in a game and it was at 60-65C and i dont  think it was the psu because i put my hand on it and it wast hot at all it was like 37C. Thanks

If you want people to help you, please take the time to actually use periods and commas and some sentences.  No one wants to read a run-on wall of text and my brain shut off after two lines, literally.

It's possible, depending on the age of your PSU, that possibly the PSU is worn out or the PSU cables are worn out, causing resistance, leading to a voltage supply drop.  Black screen with 100% fan speed is a common symptom of an undervoltage fault.  Seen that happen on a r9 290X where I didn't use 2 separate PCIE cables (took years to happen though).

If the PSU is brand new, double check all of the connections and make sure you are using two separate 8 pins (if the card uses two connectors) and every plug is firmly inserted in both ends, and the video card is all the way in the slot and not halfway secured.

14 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

If you want people to help you, please take the time to actually use periods and commas and some sentences.  No one wants to read a run-on wall of text and my brain shut off after two lines, literally.

It's possible, depending on the age of your PSU, that possibly the PSU is worn out or the PSU cables are worn out, causing resistance, leading to a voltage supply drop.  Black screen with 100% fan speed is a common symptom of an undervoltage fault.  Seen that happen on a r9 290X where I didn't use 2 separate PCIE cables (took years to happen though).

If the PSU is brand new, double check all of the connections and make sure you are using two separate 8 pins (if the card uses two connectors) and every plug is firmly inserted in both ends, and the video card is all the way in the slot and not halfway secured.

i just chekced all connection and it still happens. the psu is 10 days old