Can Windows 10 Ameliorated (build 1903) work like wine?

Can Windows 10 Ameliorated (build 1903) work like WINE on;

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
Qt Version: 5.12.8
Kernel Version: 5.4.0-51-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 7.5 GiB of RAM

REASON;  I've installed WINE, but it seems really clunky. This machine is for music recording and podcasting with a Behringer UMC404HD interface.

I might get everything smoothed out with Catia, Cadence, etc.. Or not!

what? Allow you to run windows programs? Yes, but you can't run macos/linux at the same time as win 10/

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

They do different things. Wine is a compatibility layer to run Windows software on Linux, you can view it as an add-on to your Ubuntu installation. Windows 10 Ameliorated is a manipulated version of Windows 10, so it is a full operating system of its own.

You can run a virtual machine with win10-Amel within linux and it just takes a few extra clicks vs wine running the program. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Not sure if you would want to run a VM on the hardware you listed though. Is there a need for Win32 apps to be used in your daily workflow? Or just wanted to give it a try?

wendall from level1techs (and level1linux) also suggests running a windows VM inside of linux with a hardware passthrough for gaming on linux instead of using things like wine or the wine based proton for gaming, and he uses his personal machine like that too apparently.

So what you ask for isn't the worst idea, and in fact, it's probably the best solution to get windows only programs or games running on a linux machine, if that's what you're after.

if your hardware is good enough to run a Windows VM, then yeah, whatever issue you're having with running DRM / anticheat protected software on wine will work flawlessly in the VM since the VM provides a full windows environment.

Though like others said, I'm not sure if you have a good enought HW spec to run the VM and have a good experience.

-> Moved to Linux, macOS and Everything Not-Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv