Can prime 95 degrade or damage a 10700k

Overclocked my 10700k  5.0ghz no avx offset no load line calibration at 1.3v and it shut froze at 99c with avx and shut off a couple seconds later i dropped voltage and I ran my 10700k for 30minutes of prime 95 with AVX at 95c for 30 mins at 1.27V bios would that cause thermal degradation i dont wanna further damage the chip so i think im done with stability testing. Chip runs at 64c in games

1 minute ago, Dreamer758 said:

would that cause thermal degradation

No it won't. Thermal degradation isn't that much of a problem for your CPU as high voltage is. You can run a CPU at 99C for a looong (years) time until it starts to take damage. A bigger problem would be high voltage. The voltage you use is quite safe though. Everything under 1.35V is okay for 24/7 use.

When you PC shuts off the CPU just saves itself from overheating. It does this BEFORE damage occurs, otherwise what would be the point right?

If you can run prime95 for half an hour your settings seem to be quite stable.

Depending on your cooler 64C in games is totally fine.

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

22 minutes ago, HotdropHeinz said:

No it won't. Thermal degradation isn't that much of a problem for your CPU as high voltage is. You can run a CPU at 99C for a looong (years) time until it starts to take damage. A bigger problem would be high voltage. The voltage you use is quite safe though. Everything under 1.35V is okay for 24/7 use.

When you PC shuts off the CPU just saves itself from overheating. It does this BEFORE damage occurs, otherwise what would be the point right?

If you can run prime95 for half an hour your settings seem to be quite stable.

Depending on your cooler 64C in games is totally fine.

Thanks for the quick reply i was Reading some posts on reddit talking about prime 95 killing and degrading cpus had me all spooked. Corsair 280mm aio 64c is worst case is v sync off

3 minutes ago, Dreamer758 said:

Thanks for the quick reply i was Reading some posts on reddit talking about prime 95 killing and degrading cpus had me all spooked. Corsair 280mm aio 64c is worst case is v sync off

Ah okay then you are good on cooling. Don't forget we are talkin gabout 5GHz allcore here and those Intel chips aren't known to be very cool so 64C is okay.

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver