Tighten Ram timings for Ryzen :)

As the title suggest, any help would do. But I've tried DRAM Calculator and it always fail to post. even changing one timing (CAS) from 18 to 16 causes a black screen. I know I can do it step by step but at least I would like some head start.

The dimms I'm using is GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO RGB 32GB DUAL 3600 CL18 F4-3600C18D-32GTZN
https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/326/1562840525/F4-3600C18D-32GTZN-Specification

It's a dual rank and hynix CJR/DJR die unfortunately.
Rest of the specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (4.375 at 1.2v)
Asus B550 Strix-F Gaming Wifi

Included is the screenshot of Thaipoon the the DRAM Calculator result.
Any help would be appreciated especially if you have the same exact die, can i have your settings? :D

Linus.png

Snap1020202052540PM.png

With RAM frequency and timings sometimes you gotta turn the frequency down to get your timings where you want them.

This video really helped me with tuning my system to what I was comfortable with. It will take some trial and error and a lot of you system not posting and reset ting CMOS, but you'll get there if you take your time. Sometimes RAM just isn't meant to be tuned to a super different level, so you might end up with only slight adjustments that are stable.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

4 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

With RAM frequency and timings sometimes you gotta turn the frequency down to get your timings where you want them.

This video really helped me with tuning my system to what I was comfortable with. It will take some trial and error and a lot of you system not posting and reset ting CMOS, but you'll get there if you take your time. Sometimes RAM just isn't meant to be tuned to a super different level, so you might end up with only slight adjustments that are stable.

Thanks for replying! I've watched this a couple of times already but i still can't manage to get the hang of it. But thanks for your input still :D

3 hours ago, PasitimusD said:

Thanks for replying! I've watched this a couple of times already but i still can't manage to get the hang of it. But thanks for your input still :D

What I've learned sometimes you just can't get the timings you want on your RAM no matter how much time you spend on it.. Its a sad truth :(

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

1 hour ago, mr fobs said:

What I've learned sometimes you just can't get the timings you want on your RAM no matter how much time you spend on it.. Its a sad truth :(

Oh. Tha'ts sad then T_T

After tweaking the bios I was able to get what DRAM calculator suggested for safe preset except for the TrfcI  which is not exactly the same with asus bios and so far no problems. Been running memtest for 5 runs now and no errors yet. It turns out I need to manually input 1.350 V on the memory voltages and not leave it to auto in order for it to work. Now I'm happy with the slightly better timings :D

Ram.png