Zoom Trouble

rclark

I have a bit of a problem that I really need a lot of help with. I am assisting two students to stay connected to Zoom, but it would seem that no matter what they are dropped. They have used a wireless, wired, and LTE hotspot for internet. In both cases there are others in the house that do not get dropped from their Zoom meetings. Both are on 100+Mbs connections. They have both tried multiple devices with the same result (iPad, multiple Windows laptops, and an Android tablet). I'm noting the multiple devices since there is a district profile on the school devices, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm looking if anyone has any suggestions or ideas. This is the best place I could think of to really get some suggestions.

EDIT: So motivation doesn't come in to mind, both are little, actually want to be there, and have their parents next to them.

5 minutes ago, rclark said:

In both cases there are others in the house that do not get dropped from their Zoom meetings. Both are on 100+Mbs connections.

This part makes me think they're up to no good... do they have work due? ;) 

9 minutes ago, rclark said:

This is the best place I could think of to really get some suggestions.

1. Are both of these individuals in the same house sharing that 100Mbps connection with other Zoom users?
  2. How many other Zoom meetings are running simultaneously at any given time?
  3. What type of internet connection do they have?
  4. What make/model of modem/router/AP?
  5. Is there any other network activity during these Zoom meetings other than other users on Zoom at the same time?
  6. Have they run speed tests when the network is quiet and when it's busy? Also, compare wireless against wired connections.
  7. If on wireless, what does their wireless survey look like?

So no matter what connections they're on it's still happening?

1. Try with another device and see if same thing is happening

2. Try with a new Zoom account

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The students are in different households. One has a sibling that stays connected to their teacher (same school, different class). The other has a parent and sibling on Zoom. They have tried different devices (confirmed), the teachers have tried starting the meetingfrom different devices (confirmed), in one class the drops happen in Zoom and Teams, they have tried different Zoom accounts and using with just join now (confirmed), and one has tried an alternative DNS, checking the router firewall settings, and running multiple speed tests (can't confirm, but no reason to doubt).

hi 4 things:

1.Are the accounts created on school and provided to students or the accounts are just students accounts from them or their parents logging in to the class.

2.are they actually signed in on zoom.

3.Whats the hardware of the computers (if you know it) and if tablets what tablets are using with models name for reference.

4.Are They Using Something between their devices and network routers settings can be changed and if they are using vpns or dns services like 1.1.1.1 have they tried to disable it. 

Also you mention that you have tried zoom and teams if you do what is the main platform because teams is a lot different when it comes to accounts,setup,groups (if you are on teams as a main platform)

12 minutes ago, Lesantir_12 said:

hi 4 things:

1.Are the accounts created on school and provided to students or the accounts are just students accounts from them or their parents logging in to the class.

2.are they actually signed in on zoom.

3.Whats the hardware of the computers (if you know it) and if tablets what tablets are using with models name for reference.

4.Are They Using Something between their devices and network routers settings can be changed and if they are using vpns or dns services like 1.1.1.1 have they tried to disable it. 

Also you mention that you have tried zoom and teams if you do what is the main platform because teams is a lot different when it comes to accounts,setup,groups (if you are on teams as a main platform)

On Zoom the students are to log in using "Join Now", but they tried creating their own accounts to see if that would work better. I had them use 1.1.1.1 for their DNS, but I can't confirm that they actually did. The hardware does not seem to be the issue since siblings switching to the devices have it work for them, but it doesn't work for the other. I'm thinking I need to use a trace route to check if there is any hiccups in the connection from their end, but I don't actually know how I would check to Zoom's service and not just their site.

yeah but do they have image 1 or img 2 

And also are they using the web version or the app downloaded on the computer from zoom.us/downloads 

And what operative system are u using ChromeOS,MacOS,linux or Windows And What Version 

zoom 1.PNG

zoom 2.PNG

19 hours ago, Lesantir_12 said:

yeah but do they have image 1 or img 2 

And also are they using the web version or the app downloaded on the computer from zoom.us/downloads 

And what operative system are u using ChromeOS,MacOS,linux or Windows And What Version 

zoom 1.PNG

zoom 2.PNG

They have entered the meetings from both ways. Our students don't typically make accounts so they would not normally see the other log-in screen. Each of these parents, separately, decided to try from an account to see if it worked better. One has tried from Win10 (two different laptops and a desktop), Android, and iOS devices. The other has used multiple Win10 devices, an Android tablet, and an iPhone. They have not used ChromeOS, but since they have tried the web version through Chrome, I'd count it the same.