Cooling for 5950x

Hey guys need some advice I will be upgrading to a 5950x come November from a 1700x. I currently have a NZXT Kraken X63 and it keeps my 1700x around 38 degrees, which I think is a little hot. My question is when I get a 5950x will the Kraken X63 be enough to cool it? I will be doing some mild overclocking. I was thinking of going to a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4. Or should I stay AIO? I have two Corsair QL140mm fans on the radiator.

4 minutes ago, Kockdezzle said:

it keeps my 1700x around 38 degrees

That's not hot at all, more like verrry cool for a CPU. If you are around 80+°C then we are talking hot.

Probably the X63 will be plenty for that new CPU even with some overcocking. I would wait for reviews to come out and then you can be sure with your cooler choice.
Also, the Dark Rock Pro 4 very likely will not be much stronger (if any) than your X63 ;)

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

Agree with Hotdrop ... you have a 95w TDP cpu, and you're gonna upgrade to a 105w TDP cpu.  The temperature will rise from 38c to maybe 40c... on a cpu that will happily run at up to 80-85c... it will be super happy running all time at 50-60c.

Keep the current cooler and invest the money in a motherboard with better VRM (both chips and heatsinks), if you're gonna plan for overclocking... but don't expect a lot of overclocking from those chips. I suspect they're already gonna be very binned dies, picked for low voltage and low power consumption to fit into the 105w tdp ... they won't necessarily have the best overclocking abilities. 

22 minutes ago, Kockdezzle said:

My question is when I get a 5950x will the Kraken X63 be enough to cool it? 

Yes.

22 minutes ago, Kockdezzle said:

it keeps my 1700x around 38 degrees, which I think is a little hot.

It's not. 38c is a very good temperature. As long as you're not going over 90c there's no problem.

Thanks guys will do, I will keep my current cooler. Mariushm I just got my mobo its the ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero. 

49 minutes ago, Kockdezzle said:

NZXT Kraken X63 and it keeps my 1700x around 38 degrees, which I think is a little hot.

You don't have any context for this do you? 38°C is colder than my custom watercooled 3700X at idle. You need to measure the temps while it's under load to see if you run on safe temps. Like the others said, "too hot" for ryzen is only at over 90°C. Your X63 will do just fine for a 5950X if the thermal output of the 3950X is anything to go by.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

if its anything like the 3950x in terms of temps, what you have and the dark rock pro 4 are more than enough in my opinion. i have my 3950x with a dark rock pro 4 and idles at 35 to 39c and premier and handbrake at around 68c and it is very quiet