Vsauce does it again!!

from now on i'm going to link this video when someone starts "you can/can't see X amount of pixel" threads

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Falling behind on some of vsauce's videos. Need to catch up soon.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

well everyone knows you can't see more than 30 fps

Error: 410

Falling behind on some of vsauce's videos. Need to catch up soon.

well at least it works as a quick response when your busy :P

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

NFS rivals is for humans, so they didn't waste electricity by letting our computers produce any more frames than we can see, that being 30.

NFS rivals is for humans, so they didn't waste electricity by letting our computers produce any more frames than we can see, that being 30.

he never talked about framerate here, but does the video he talked about it says you can't see more that 30fps  (haven't watched it, yet)

he never talked about framerate here, but does the video he talked about it says you can't see more that 30fps  (haven't watched it, yet)

troll_by_darknessrarity-d5yjg0p.png

I have asked myself this questions lot's of times before and i have tried to break it down to some rationals that i know about. But i have allways failed to come to a conclusion on this question. I know many of you know the YouTube channel vsauce and he just posted this Video:

-snip-

I really like how Michael analyzes his topics from different angles and gives insight *pun intended* in various topics, in a way, that i might not have thought about it.

This video is one of his best and as a techy i am very excited about it and thought it was worth sharing! :)

Edited by WoodenMarker
Snip for the merge

who cares...

troll_by_darknessrarity-d5yjg0p.png

such troll, very original /s

such troll, very original /s

I caught your edit, you didn't realise immediately. :lol:

no dude, its 30 fps per eye, so 60fps.

you're sort of right, forgive me for not explaining.

Yes, 30 fps per eye, but there's a complex equation that relates distance to maximum FPS perceived with two eyes. At 3 feet IIRC it comes out to 30 fps per eye and around 53 fps with both eyes. 

my mistake. 

I don't know but I think my Anti Aliasing is over 9000

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

you're sort of right, forgive me for not explaining.

Yes, 30 fps per eye, but there's a complex equation that relates distance to maximum FPS perceived with two eyes. At 3 feet IIRC it comes out to 30 fps per eye and around 53 fps with both eyes. 

my mistake. 

If you want to get the full 60 with both of your eyes open you're going to have to go ahead and move forward a little.

If you want to get the full 60 with both of your eyes open you're going to have to go ahead and move forward a little.

yep, I believe convergence to 60 fps is a little above one foot. 

I caught your edit, you didn't realise immediately. :lol:

;_; *cries in corner for awareness fail*

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

no dude, its 30 fps per eye, so 60fps.

and higher FPS involves others senses..

So, what's the answer? (that'll save me 9m44 that I can spend on some super useful constructive things)

Well, you'll have to watch it. It's not as simple as you'd think. I think learning about how your own eyes function is pretty "super useful" as you so put it, don't you?

True but I'm in class at the moment, unless the video is super explicit without sound I'll have to wait. I'm just curious now, that's all. :)

Your eyes don't see pixels any answer some gives you is theoretical or bs

The video has been posted ALL over LTT already, search before you post :)

To answer, the resolution isn't a definite thing, because we only glance at most things, and we get different resolutions depending on factors like Distance, Light, and color.

They said some crazy number like 500 megapixels, but I'm not sure that's completely true for most situations. (Theoretical answers are all we can get.)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

from what i read a while ago

120mp but we dont see in pixels

also only a small percentage of that sees in color the rest is black&white

and optic nerve doesnt send all that info because its a bottleneck

and even after that the brain dosnt take in all that info

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The video has been posted ALL over LTT already, search before you post :)

To answer, the resolution isn't a definite thing, because we only glance at most things, and we get different resolutions depending on factors like Distance, Light, and color.

They said some crazy number like 500 megapixels, but I'm not sure that's completely true for most situations. (Theoretical answers are all we can get.)

And all the theoretical answers are all over the place, just a few years ago people complains 1080p was too high for the human eye....