Sorry I didn't queit understand is the corsair stuff bad, or not particully bad?

It's decent quality. Nothing amazing but it doesn't suck

Okay, so now the question is should I try to take the voltage to 1.15 and try 4.2ghz?

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

So im a 4.2ghz (dream goal) aida64 is taking 1.164v max, and max temp is 82c, no throtelling, should I keep, this or do you think it will fail in like 4 years?

So im a 4.2ghz (dream goal) aida64 is taking 1.164v max, and max temp is 82c, no throtelling, should I keep, this or do you think it will fail in like 4 years?

Seems fine.

Seems fine.

Okay i know this is repetetive but for the longest time I got no answer, when people say shorter life time we talking going from 10 years to 7 or from 9 years to 5 years, this is vital, as I will not be upgrading for at least another 4 years most likely 6?

Sorry for all the question this is my first rig and first over clock so im nervous about this, thanks for helping though.

Okay i know this is repetetive but for the longest time I got no answer, when people say shorter life time we talking going from 10 years to 7 or from 9 years to 5 years, this is vital, as I will not be upgrading for at least another 4 years most likely 6?

With such a small increase in voltage it is literally no difference.

With such a small increase in voltage it is literally no difference.

Okay so how much voltage makes difference and thats reassuring, I will keep the clock here, im happy with 4.2. Thank you very much for the help, your a awesome helper, keep up the good work.

Okay so how much voltage makes difference and thats reassuring, I will keep the clock here, im happy with 4.2. Thank you very much for the help, your a awesome helper, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the complements :D I would take 1.4v+ for it to start making a difference.

Thanks for the complements :D I would take 1.4v+ for it to start making a difference.

Well, im gonna throuly test it over the weekend hopefully it wont hit 85c, with a two hour test, but for now back to 3.5. Just noticed 20 minutes in one core spiked to 86c, should i leave it be or is this bad?

Well, im gonna throuly test it over the weekend hopefully it wont hit 85c, with a two hour test, but for now back to 3.5. Just noticed 20 minutes in one core spiked to 86c, should i leave it be or is this bad?

Even if you hit 85 in a stress test it's not that big of a deal. You would never get close to that in real world usage.

For previous gen but works nicely with Haswell also. 1.3V is max you should use. Over that means that you have just bad chip. I use OCCT for stress testing. Quoting TinyTomLogan here (and FAQ for that software) 3h stress run should already tell if your system is stable or not. Temps... Well what every you feel comfortable doing. If you can achieve higher OC with upping temps to 75C+ then I'd say thats fair trade. Not going over 80C constant. But seeing that your chip can do high clocks stable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So corsair link doesnt wanna work and I cant turn up the fans to perfomance that might be why, or could it be I didn't tighten the cooler enough, i only finger tothened didnt use a screw driver for the h100i?

Well you'll regret using performance mode it's unacceptably loud.

You should probably tighten it up a turn or two, they don't need to be all the way but it might be a bit loose.

Well you'll regret using performance mode it's unacceptably loud.

You should probably tighten it up a turn or two, they don't need to be all the way but it might be a bit loose.

Okay, Ill check it, and try to see what I can do, but its tight like if I were to grab the heatsink my whole case would probably move before the heat sink would.

For previous gen but works nicely with Haswell also. 1.3V is max you should use. Over that means that you have just bad chip. I use OCCT for stress testing. Quoting TinyTomLogan here (and FAQ for that software) 3h stress run should already tell if your system is stable or not. Temps... Well what every you feel comfortable doing. If you can achieve higher OC with upping temps to 75C+ then I'd say thats fair trade. Not going over 80C constant. But seeing that your chip can do high clocks stable.

Well from linuses video, Im using 85c as my limit, this being peaks to 85c, not a constant 85c, this is fine right? I mean at 4.2ghz at 1.164v aida64 is not showing throtelling so it stable right? Aida64 is showing averages of about 71c on hottest core, and max of 85c, with max volts 1.164.

Well from linuses video, Im using 85c as my limit, this being peaks to 85c, not a constant 85c, this is fine right? I mean at 4.2ghz at 1.164v aida64 is not showing throtelling so it stable right? Aida64 is showing averages of about 71c on hottest core, and max of 85c, with max volts 1.164.

Intel sensors jump a bit; my 2600K peaks at about 85c for like 0.5 seconds but sits at 75c 80% of time in AIDA64.

Intel sensors jump a bit; my 2600K peaks at about 85c for like 0.5 seconds but sits at 75c 80% of time in AIDA64.

Same story pretty much, should I buy the Overclockerz warranty for the cpu, since Im planning on leaving this here?

Same story pretty much, should I buy the Overclockerz warranty for the cpu, since Im planning on leaving this here?

I don't personally. It's up to you. As long as you're not pushing silly voltages you're fine. I'd say 1.3v for Haswell, 1.35v for Ivy and 1.45v for Sandy is the "safer" limit to keep voltage at 24/7.

CPUs do run for a long time so it'd be badly obsolete before it blows up.

I don't personally. It's up to you. As long as you're not pushing silly voltages you're fine. I'd say 1.3v for Haswell, 1.35v for Ivy and 1.45v for Sandy is the "safer" limit to keep voltage at 24/7.

CPUs do run for a long time so it'd be badly obsolete before it blows up.

So do you think when this cpu dies from the OC, it will be like a 100 buck part, so nothing major to replace? And my voltages are wayyy under that. Okay so after an hour and a half of the stress test, i checked the clocks and see occaisonally major drops in the clock speed, does this mean its unstable? The dips are showen in the aida64 stress test graph.

Even if you hit 85 in a stress test it's not that big of a deal. You would never get close to that in real world usage.

Okay this is probably something totally stupid but I left the stress test on, and its been about a hour, i have walked away a couple of times, is there anyway to reqind the cpu usage/cpu throtelling graph in aida64, or how can I check for throttles during the time I walked away to make sure its stable? Okay so after an hour and a half of the stress test, i checked the clocks and see occaisonally major drops in the clock speed, does this mean its unstable? The dips are showen in the aida64 stress test graph.

Okay this is probably something totally stupid but I left the stress test on, and its been about a hour, i have walked away a couple of times, is there anyway to reqind the cpu usage/cpu throtelling graph in aida64, or how can I check for throttles during the time I walked away to make sure its stable? Okay so after an hour and a half of the stress test, i checked the clocks and see occaisonally major drops in the clock speed, does this mean its unstable? The dips are showen in the aida64 stress test graph.

It's all fine. You're overclock is stable. Also as I have said numerous times your OC is not going to kill your CPU any faster than stock clocks.

It's all fine. You're overclock is stable. Also as I have said numerous times your OC is not going to kill your CPU any faster than stock clocks.

Got ya, from my understanding the stock voltage is 1.146, it says it in the bios when I put everything on auto on the sniper 5, so I put it on 1.15v, and threw to 4.2ghz last night tested it for 2 hours, and then played some games, and gotta say makes a difference, thanks for helping me, now MC amplified doesnt take as long to load, and my firefall stream drops frames less.

If a cpu is at stock clocks and never oc, will you ever need to over volt it, or should it just stay stable?

If a cpu is at stock clocks and never oc, will you ever need to over volt it, or should it just stay stable?

Unless its defective it will always be stable