Good (best?) AV-Receiver for gaming

Okay, I searched quite a bit for this but haven't found a good (and recent) answer...
I'm looking for a new AV-Receiver which should power my 7.2 system that's connected to my old Pioneer VSX AV-Receiver.
My setup right now is, that I have an old AVR which can't handle 4k 120Hz so it's connected via HDMI to my GPU but not to any screen and my two Screens are also connected to the GPU (in total 3 Display outputs are used).
I am looking for an AVR that will be able to pass WQHD (for future proofing 4k would be better) HDR Signals with 100+Hz to my gaming Monitor and also power the speakers. Has anyone experience with such a setup for gaming?
(Latency doesn't really matter since that can be tweaked) and no... A Headset is not the answer. I wear Headphones 8-10 Hours each day at work so I want to keep that open sound.
Only thing is my personal price limit of 1200 Freedom Dollars.

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.

Thanks, Denon and Marantz were the only one that came up in my google research so far... Are they really that good?
I'm quite a Sony/Pioneer Fanboy and hoped I missed something from those two. Otherwise... The new Denon 8k will be ordered as soon as it's readly available in germany

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.

You mentioned 4K 120Hz and that requires HDMI 2.1. Denon and Yamaha are the only AVRs who have that right now. I think the Yamaha models are just starting to go on sale.

4 hours ago, archang3l_media said:

Thanks, Denon and Marantz were the only one that came up in my google research so far... Are they really that good?
I'm quite a Sony/Pioneer Fanboy and hoped I missed something from those two. Otherwise... The new Denon 8k will be ordered as soon as it's readly available in germany

As @dilpickle said, take a look at Denon. I loved my X8500H while I had it, I've moved on to a Bryston SP4 now, but I still own my X8500H. It's a great little unit and the newer Denon stuff is even better.

You won't have an issue with power output issues or overheating. I never managed to get my X8500H to overheat, Even when driving my old pair of B&W 803 D3's.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Marantz is owned by Denon the products are basically the same when you get to component level.

yea denon and marantz same main company but both very good. they have units all the way to 13.1 including price ranges mid hundreds to thousands....yamaha just announced their hdmi 2.1 units in august but only have 5.1 and 7.1 (weak showing honestly) but are 440.00 and 600.00, but are not sold anywhere yet. and pioneer hasnt said anything (as usual)

receivers with hdmi 2.1 in your price range

yamaha's RX-V6A and RX-V4A

as for the denons, the NEED to be 2020 versions AVR-S960H, AVR-X2700H, AVR-X3700H,  (theres more but out of your price range
marantz SR5015, NR1711

i just rebuilt my system with a denon x3700h 7.1.4 atmos set up that i use as my comp sound