Computer crashing in games since installing SSD

I recently finally upgraded to a 1TB SSD for installing my games. Ever since then, games periodically crash while I'm playing. However, I have determined that the new SSD isn't the issue, and the crashes are getting worse (Used to crash to desktop, now the whole computer is crashing).

I have run Cinebench R20 on a half hour loop with no crashes to rule out the CPU.

I ran furmark for roughly half an hour to rule out the GPU being the issue (while monitoring temps).

To determine whether the new SSD was the problem, I installed HDSentinal, as well as the Samsung Magician software. Both read all my disks as being in good health. I also installed a game on my boot drive instead, still got a crash.

I am running the latest GPU drivers, and even freshly installed Windows 10 just today, still crashing.

So I come to you for help, as I am running out of ideas (and patience tbh) with this issue.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: PC Specs are listed in my Signature.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Just now, Abdullah Bhutta said:

have you upgraded windows 10 to latest version?

and please list your complete pc specs

Should be the latest version of Windows 10 as I re-installed today and it updated since. My Specs are in my Signature, I can modify the post to include them if that's easier.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Just now, Wysoseriouss said:

Should be the latest version of Windows 10 as I re-installed today and it updated since. My Specs are in my Signature, I can modify the post to include them if that's easier.

you should definately check it via windows update<settings

Just now, Abdullah Bhutta said:

you should definately check it via windows update<settings

Just checked, W10 is up to date.

16 minutes ago, Wysoseriouss said:

However, I have determined that the new SSD isn't the issue

Does it still crash if you remove the new SSD from the system? If it's only crashing while it's connected, then a bad SATA cable, or loose connection, might be the cause.

15 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Does event viewer say why it crashed?

Nah, it's just a hard crash.

1 hour ago, TehDwonz said:

Does it still crash if you remove the new SSD from the system? If it's only crashing while it's connected, then a bad SATA cable, or loose connection, might be the cause.

I've already switched out the SATA cable, but I'll try without the new drive plugged in

8 minutes ago, Wysoseriouss said:

Nah, it's just a hard crash.

It should log it

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

It should log it

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff806096fb320, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 326fe3ac-18e2-4ceb-9f63-b751f0bb0d25.

That's what the error report in the reliability monitor says.

1 hour ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

do your parts have warranty?

Yeah, well, the new SSD will have warranty, the rest of the PC is 3.5 years old now so they won't by this point.

34 minutes ago, Wysoseriouss said:

I've already switched out the SATA cable, but I'll try without the new drive plugged in

Update, can confirm, crashes even without the new drive plugged in.

33 minutes ago, Wysoseriouss said:

Update, can confirm, crashes even without the new drive plugged in.

so its a problem with your PSU or the mobo or the CPU (only 3 left)

3 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

so its a problem with your PSU or the mobo or the CPU (only 3 left)

If it's not hardware, it'll be a bad driver: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x133-dpc-watchdog-violation

Bet it's drivers, given that this happens while gaming. Make sure you have the "normal" nvidia drivers, not the DCH new type. 
They have recently tried to make it harder to get the Standard ones, so use this search here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us#

Making sure these highlighted options are correct:

image.png.6b3fb4c09b5c825513c4cbe6cdbaebdf.png

6 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

If it's not hardware, it'll be a bad driver: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x133-dpc-watchdog-violation

Bet it's drivers, given that this happens while gaming. Make sure you have the "normal" nvidia drivers, not the DCH new type. 
They have recently tried to make it harder to get the Standard ones, so use this search here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us#

Cheers, I'll try this. I use GeForce Experience to download my driver's, I'll check what type that uses as well.

8 hours ago, TehDwonz said:

Well, still crashed after installing the new standard drivers. I'm starting to think this is my PSU giving up on life.

2 hours ago, Wysoseriouss said:

Well, still crashed after installing the new standard drivers. I'm starting to think this is my PSU giving up on life.

Anything else you have installed that might be causing the problem? What anti-virus program are you running for instance? Certain ones are not good company when it comes to gaming. Have you checked your RAM for faults? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

1 hour ago, BlackManINC said:

Anything else you have installed that might be causing the problem? What anti-virus program are you running for instance? Certain ones are not good company when it comes to gaming. Have you checked your RAM for faults? 

Checked RAM for faults, all good. Anti virus is just Windows defender. I have another test I'm going to try later today, I'll report back results then.

1 hour ago, Wysoseriouss said:

Checked RAM for faults, all good. Anti virus is just Windows defender. I have another test I'm going to try later today, I'll report back results then.

turn off windows defender (it interferes with my games too) and try again.

Some new info.

Ran a 1 hour long Cinebench, no crashes, not the CPU.

Ran a 1 hour long furmark, not the GPU.

Already kinda knew that from old testing, but good to confirm. Ok lets load up both to see if the PSU maybe just can't handle both being used heavily.

1 hour long Cinebench and furmark. No crashes. So probably not the PSU truggling for whatever reason.

Installed a game on my HDD, played for over an hour, no crashes.

There is something about running games off of an SSD that my system doesn't like. So, does that mean the Mobo is dying, or just maybe kinda bad?

I'll try a BIOS update and then run games on an SSD again.

• 5 months later...

What happened afterwards? We're you able to fix it? Cuz I'm having exact same issue. I also updated the bios but nothing good came out of it

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, Wysoseriouss said:

I recently finally upgraded to a 1TB SSD for installing my games. Ever since then, games periodically crash while I'm playing. However, I have determined that the new SSD isn't the issue, and the crashes are getting worse (Used to crash to desktop, now the whole computer is crashing).

I have run Cinebench R20 on a half hour loop with no crashes to rule out the CPU.

I ran furmark for roughly half an hour to rule out the GPU being the issue (while monitoring temps).

To determine whether the new SSD was the problem, I installed HDSentinal, as well as the Samsung Magician software. Both read all my disks as being in good health. I also installed a game on my boot drive instead, still got a crash.

I am running the latest GPU drivers, and even freshly installed Windows 10 just today, still crashing.

So I come to you for help, as I am running out of ideas (and patience tbh) with this issue.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: PC Specs are listed in my Signature.

same problem i thinking about buying new ssd and thats it, cuz i have this problem about 2years and still can't solve it :////

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2020 at 8:15 AM, Wysoseriouss said:

Some new info.

Ran a 1 hour long Cinebench, no crashes, not the CPU.

Ran a 1 hour long furmark, not the GPU.

Already kinda knew that from old testing, but good to confirm. Ok lets load up both to see if the PSU maybe just can't handle both being used heavily.

1 hour long Cinebench and furmark. No crashes. So probably not the PSU truggling for whatever reason.

Installed a game on my HDD, played for over an hour, no crashes.

There is something about running games off of an SSD that my system doesn't like. So, does that mean the Mobo is dying, or just maybe kinda bad?

I'll try a BIOS update and then run games on an SSD again.

Did y'all find any solutions? Because I'm currently having the same issue and I tried everything to fix it but couldn't.