Should I upgrade current rig or getting new rig?

LZR

Budget (including currency): USD 1,500 / IDR 22,000,000 (USD 1 ~ IDR 15,000)

Country: Indonesia using Tokopedia.com (Amazon equivalent) or enterkomputer.com (microcenter equivalent)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Currently playing at 24" 1080p 60hz monitor with Intel i7-4790k, Nvidia GTX 970, MSI Mobo Z97 Gaming 5, 2x8 Ram DDR3, 250 SSD Sata III. Predominately playing competitive games (Overwatch, PUBG, Rust) but also play decent single player games (Metro, Horizon Zero Dawn, upcoming Cyberpunk). I want to switch to using 27" 1440p 144hz like LG 27GL850 to achieve at least 120+ fps on competitive games and 60+ fps on single player game with high preset graphic setting. My current setting can only achieve 60+ fps on medium setting competitive games while ~60 fps on low setting on single player games. I also want probably at least 500GB SSD for storing the game files. Another major reason that I might probably new rig rather than new one is because the current rig suffer increasingly frequent crash / bsod due hardware fault because I move my rig from overseas to my country.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Keyboard, headset, and mouse is ok. no need to change. Ideally the USD 1500 will be spend on both monitor and the gaming rig but It is fine for the budget spent on rig alone and I will save more for the monitor if the gaming rig can achieve better price to performance. I also have perform clean windows install and update Bios but the performance improvement is not too significant.

Edited by LZR

when are you planning to build this? would suggest waiting for the lower end hardware. For now, you can just lower your in game settings a bit more, unless its really bothering you

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

i would for now get a 3070, a ssd and the monitor. that should in theory work well enough at that resolutions with your current cpu. try to overclock your cpu if you haven't done so already.

if you're not satisfied, you'll be able to upgrade to a ryzen 5 5600 when it launches

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

when are you planning to build this? would suggest waiting for the lower end hardware. For now, you can just lower your in game settings a bit more, unless its really bothering you

I am planning to build this within this year. Right now I can gaming with it with low setting but the system getting more and more frequently crashing or bsod from hardware faulty due I move from overseas to indonesia.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i would for now get a 3070, a ssd and the monitor. that should in theory work well enough at that resolutions with your current cpu. try to overclock your cpu if you haven't done so already.

if you're not satisfied, you'll be able to upgrade to a ryzen 5 5600 when it launches

I have contemplating to switch to 3070 but the card probably still expensive relative to its msrp due demand and supply.  I am planning to build this within this year. Right now I can gaming with it with low setting but the system getting more and more frequently crashing or bsod from hardware faulty due I move from overseas to indonesia.

If you are unable to wait then here is something you can get for now:

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

If you are unable to wait then here is something you can get for now:

Hide contents

Thank you for the great recommendation. If I am willing to wait, what time should I reconsider other option? is it after Nvidia 3000 series price stabilize, New big navi release, or intel 11th gen release?

1 minute ago, LZR said:

Thank you for the great recommendation. If I am willing to wait, what time should I reconsider other option? is it after Nvidia 3000 series price stabilize, New big navi release, or intel 11th gen release?

I would wait untill the 5600 release and see how if it is a worthwhile investment. intel 11th gen desktop CPUs should also be announced then along with big Navi (though take this with a grain of salt).

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, Oswin said:

I would wait untill the 5600 release and see how if it is a worthwhile investment. intel 11th gen desktop CPUs should also be announced then along with big Navi (though take this with a grain of salt).

So I probably need to wait till mid november or december before I can make the decision to upgrade?

1 minute ago, LZR said:

So I probably need to wait till mid november or december before I can make the decision to upgrade?

iirc, the 5600 are rumored to be released next year, though I dont think its possible for you to wait that long. If you are able to wait until mid november, big navi may give you more options for the GPU. 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

iirc, the 5600 are rumored to be released next year, though I dont think its possible for you to wait that long. If you are able to wait until mid november, big navi may give you more options for the GPU. 

Thank you for the insight and suggestion. For now I will wait for the announcement for radeon products. If I did go for new radeon gpu, I probably need to switch the cpu and mother board to prevent bottleneck.