PC not booting with SSD (had the ssd for 2 weeks+)

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the forum so tell me if I'm in the wrong section here or what not! 

My build is a 650W Antec hybrid PSU, I have 3 SSDs ( 120GB, 240GB and the recent added 1TB SSD) Crucial BX500, Ryzen 5 3600, 2070S and 16GB ram CorsVeng on a B450 Tomahawk Max.

I am having trouble with having the SSD plugged in and my PC not booting at all - everything turns on such as fans and rgb -everything but no Display.

Now that being said I recently bought a new SSD and plugged it on my PSU with new wires I got and a new Sata Data plug for the SSD (1TB), it was working for 2 weeks or 3 weeks no problem as I have installed 3 new games on it.

Just the night before I updated my windows 13th of Oct and it reset my pc as normal - went to use it today no issues what's so ever.

Then just this evening 14th (11:30PM) I started getting windows notifications popping in and out saying that my SSD (E:) that recently installed that was working no problem suddenly mentioning that it's a removable usb drive? 

It kept popping in and out so I restarted my pc; that was the first time it didn't boot then I tried again and it booted but my (E:) was no longer being detected, so once again I turned it off and then the 2nd time, 3rd time of trying to turn it on - it was just a black screen with the PC being on.

So I tried to remove the SSD and check if it does turn on, it confirms it that my SSD won't allow my pc to boot at all.

I am confused as this wasn't an issue at all prior to the update but I'm unsure if it had anything to do with windows update.

Has anyone else had this issue and even better a solution for this? 
Apologies if I'm rambling I'm not the brightest with PCs.

Thank you so much in advance.

A.

14 minutes ago, TechNoobieheh said:

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to the forum so tell me if I'm in the wrong section here or what not! 

My build is a 650W Antec hybrid PSU, I have 3 SSDs ( 120GB, 240GB and the recent added 1TB SSD) Crucial BX500, Ryzen 5 3600, 2070S and 16GB ram CorsVeng on a B450 Tomahawk Max.

I am having trouble with having the SSD plugged in and my PC not booting at all - everything turns on such as fans and rgb -everything but no Display.

Now that being said I recently bought a new SSD and plugged it on my PSU with new wires I got and a new Sata Data plug for the SSD (1TB), it was working for 2 weeks or 3 weeks no problem as I have installed 3 new games on it.

Just the night before I updated my windows 13th of Oct and it reset my pc as normal - went to use it today no issues what's so ever.

Then just this evening 14th (11:30PM) I started getting windows notifications popping in and out saying that my SSD (E:) that recently installed that was working no problem suddenly mentioning that it's a removable usb drive? 

It kept popping in and out so I restarted my pc; that was the first time it didn't boot then I tried again and it booted but my (E:) was no longer being detected, so once again I turned it off and then the 2nd time, 3rd time of trying to turn it on - it was just a black screen with the PC being on.

So I tried to remove the SSD and check if it does turn on, it confirms it that my SSD won't allow my pc to boot at all.

I am confused as this wasn't an issue at all prior to the update but I'm unsure if it had anything to do with windows update.

Has anyone else had this issue and even better a solution for this? 
Apologies if I'm rambling I'm not the brightest with PCs.

Thank you so much in advance.

A.

First of All move your ssd to another computer and backup your data and now, is ur bois showing up? and your proccessor also has onboard gpu

And secondly so precised timing?! Well my replies will not come fast so backup your data meanwhile ans the q i have asked above

16 minutes ago, ItsMeSpiny said:

First of All move your ssd to another computer and backup your data and now, is ur bois showing up? and your proccessor also has onboard gpu

And secondly so precised timing?! Well my replies will not come fast so backup your data meanwhile ans the q i have asked above

Hey thanks so much for replying , when I boot up the pc nothing shows, no bios or anything.

My GPU is working fine as I was just playing a game earlier too - I wouldn't be able to run it with an onboard GPU (MSI burner is also on so I can see it.)

I don't have access for another computer currently as it's 2:08am here 😉.

I don't mind about the backups whatever needs be as I don't have anything on this as it's simply for gaming.

Thanks!

A.

11 minutes ago, TechNoobieheh said:

Hey thanks so much for replying , when I boot up the pc nothing shows, no bios or anything.

My GPU is working fine as I was just playing a game earlier too - I wouldn't be able to run it with an onboard GPU (MSI burner is also on so I can see it.)

I don't have access for another computer currently as it's 2:08am here 😉.

I don't mind about the backups whatever needs be as I don't have anything on this as it's simply for gaming.

Thanks!

A.

So.. check your processor that is it getting power becuz at last nothing is showing up so yeah get sleep then tommorow check. Cya

7 minutes ago, ItsMeSpiny said:

So.. check your processor that is it getting power becuz at last nothing is showing up so yeah get sleep then tommorow check. Cya

I'm not sleeping yet, I'm desperate to find out what's happening :/. I can ask a buddy for his computer to help me out with the backing up if needs be if not, how can I proceed?

How do I check the processor getting power? If possible explain to me as you would to a child as of what the thought process is.

SSD -> No booting -> because processor not getting power?

Thanks again for helping! 

6 minutes ago, TechNoobieheh said:

I'm not sleeping yet, I'm desperate to find out what's happening :/. I can ask a buddy for his computer to help me out with the backing up if needs be if not, how can I proceed?

How do I check the processor getting power? If possible explain to me as you would to a child as of what the thought process is.

SSD -> No booting -> because processor not getting power?

Thanks again for helping! 

If you built a computer u can just plug the cpu power connecter again and see if anything happens as i have never built a pc and yeah i have only seen in videos so yeah im busy rn so my replies would be often late

28 minutes ago, ItsMeSpiny said:

If you built a computer u can just plug the cpu power connecter again and see if anything happens as i have never built a pc and yeah i have only seen in videos so yeah im busy rn so my replies would be often late

I don't understand as my CPU is working fine - it's the extra SSD when plugged in that's causing my pc not to boot :< 

12 minutes ago, TechNoobieheh said:

I don't understand as my CPU is working fine - it's the extra SSD when plugged in that's causing my pc not to boot :< 

Then I want you to unplug other ssd's and only leave the system ssd plugged in and see if the system boots

26 minutes ago, ItsMeSpiny said:

Then I want you to unplug other ssd's and only leave the system ssd plugged in and see if the system boots

I appreciate you're trying to help me - however as I mentioned I have 2 other SSDs - one for OS specifically just because which is 120GB and the other 500GB for my initial gaming.

However I bought a new SSD that I added which is 1TB - I have used it for the past just over 2 weeks, just before I restarted my computer because it kept popping in and out saying the SSD is a removable USB drive- then it booted once but did not recognise the 1TB SSD - so rebooted again which is now current problem - it's not booting at all when the new added 1TB SSD is plugged in, it boots fine otherwise but it doesn't help the fact that I can't use the 1TB ssd.

And reminder this only started 24 hours after the new windows update, I am not sure if there's any correlation but the SSD was working fine.

1 hour ago, TechNoobieheh said:

I appreciate you're trying to help me - however as I mentioned I have 2 other SSDs - one for OS specifically just because which is 120GB and the other 500GB for my initial gaming.

However I bought a new SSD that I added which is 1TB - I have used it for the past just over 2 weeks, just before I restarted my computer because it kept popping in and out saying the SSD is a removable USB drive- then it booted once but did not recognise the 1TB SSD - so rebooted again which is now current problem - it's not booting at all when the new added 1TB SSD is plugged in, it boots fine otherwise but it doesn't help the fact that I can't use the 1TB ssd.

And reminder this only started 24 hours after the new windows update, I am not sure if there's any correlation but the SSD was working fine.

So try going to the previous version and see if the problem is fixed if yes then ok if not then i may not be able to help as i am not that good in the hardware things