Xbox Series S a good Christmas gift?...

TheKracken

So, I’ve had an Xbox for pretty much my whole life (I’m a young adult right now ;). My family bought the Xbox One right when it came out and haven’t upgraded it since. I have six younger siblings, so this Xbox is mainly used as a console to play a lot of local four player games (Minecraft, Halo 4, etc.) I’m thinking of buying a new console for my siblings for Christmas but do not which one would be best. Xbox Series S would suite their graphical needs best, but it doesn’t have a disk drive and all of our old Xbox One and Xbox 360 games are disks. Is there a way to play these on the Series S or would I need to go all the way to Series X for the disk drive? What would your suggestion be? Thanks!

If you have a collection of disc based games for your One, you really don't want to buy a Series S, because the lack of an optical drive means that collection is useless.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, TheKracken said:

So, I’ve had an Xbox for pretty much my whole life (I’m a young adult right now ;). My family bought the Xbox One right when it came out and haven’t upgraded it since. I have six younger siblings, so this Xbox is mainly used as a console to play a lot of local four player games (Minecraft, Halo 4, etc.) I’m thinking of buying a new console for my siblings for Christmas but do not which one would be best. Xbox Series S would suite their graphical needs best, but it doesn’t have a disk drive and all of our old Xbox One and Xbox 360 games are disks. Is there a way to play these on the Series S or would I need to go all the way to Series X for the disk drive? What would your suggestion be? Thanks!

Get an X. You can play all of the older titles and you get a 4K blu ray player so why not :)

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

32 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Get an X. You can play all of the older titles and you get a 4K blu ray player so why not :)

S will be better, also cpu will be better, GPU wise it will have the same performance as the X. 

2 hours ago, The Sloth said:

S will be better, also cpu will be better, GPU wise it will have the same performance as the X. 

The Series X is 3x more powerful than the S on the GPU side... 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

7 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

The Series X is 3x more powerful than the S on the GPU side... 

i know, I was talking about the one X, Series X is really impressive especially for the price, going to pick one up at launch.