Which laptop should I get? 500ish dollar range

Batres

So basically I'm looking for a 2 in 1 laptop in the 500 dollar range, preferably not a chrome book, now I've been looking around for a couple of days and I found this used hp spectre x360 2018 edition, basically brand new (I've confirmed it's true and confirmed the quality) and I think that it's a great deal since they're asking for 525 dollars, but mabye I should get something else I'm not very knowledgeable on laptops, but what I need is just a reliable 2 in 1 I'm fine with either 13 or 15 inch, and I don't need any fancy features like 4k or amazing screens just want it to be reliable, good build quality etc, help please.

Hp specs are i7 7500u, 13.3 inch 4k screen, 8gb ram, Intel HD graphics 620, 256gb ssd, BANG & OLUFSEN speakers.

Edit: just found another hp, this time a hp envy x360 for 475 dollars, this one comes with a ryzen 5 2500u, 1080p screen and 16gb ram as well as 512gb ssd, keep in mind neither ram nor storage is a big worry for me, I just want good build quality and a reliable machine which I can draw on on the go but also serve as a computer, mabye do some light gaming like minecraft/among us

Specs of the hp?

Reason for a 2 in 1? If notetaking don't bother much much faster in laptop mode with a keyboard and mouse or just use pen and paper.

What is the usecase?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Specs of the hp?

Reason for a 2 in 1? If notetaking don't bother much much faster in laptop mode with a keyboard and mouse or just use pen and paper.

What is the usecase?

Its got a i7 7500u, 13.3 inch 4k screen (touchscreen), 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, Intel HD graphics 620, bang and olufsen speakers, I want a 2 in 1 because the way I study is by explaining things while I record myself, as if I were a teacher, and since I don't want to appear in the videos the best way is to use a program to draw on, on my main pc I just use my graphics tablet I've had for a long time, but since I travel a lot with my family I want to be able to take it on the go.

1 minute ago, Batres said:

Its got a i7 7500u, 13.3 inch 4k screen (touchscreen), 8gb ram, 256gb ssd, Intel HD graphics 620, bang and olufsen speakers, I want a 2 in 1 because the way I study is by explaining things while I record myself, as if I were a teacher, and since I don't want to appear in the videos the best way is to use a program to draw on, on my main pc I just use my graphics tablet I've had for a long time, but since I travel a lot with my family I want to be able to take it on the go.

Oh hey I did a similar thing. The 7500u is pretty far behind in terms of specs nowadays but fine for your usecase probably. The main issue is the 4k screen. You'll have to set the scaling in windows pretty high to be able to read ui text and well even after all these years scaling is still very hit or miss.

Another device that is very popular and readily apears on the used market is the lenovo yoga 520 or 530 with a i5 8250u with 2 times the cores but same price but doesn't have the issue of having a far too high resolution screen that just wastes battery for no reason.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh hey I did a similar thing. The 7500u is pretty far behind in terms of specs nowadays but fine for your usecase probably. The main issue is the 4k screen. You'll have to set the scaling in windows pretty high to be able to read ui text and well even after all these years scaling is still very hit or miss.

Another device that is very popular and readily apears on the used market is the lenovo yoga 520 or 530 with a i5 8250u with 2 times the cores but same price but doesn't have the issue of having a far too high resolution screen that just wastes battery for no reason.

Can't find any lenovo yoga 520s or 530s for under 650, I live in spain, neither New or used, but read the edit I added on the post and tell me what you think about that.

10 hours ago, Batres said:

Can't find any lenovo yoga 520s or 530s for under 650, I live in spain, neither New or used, but read the edit I added on the post and tell me what you think about that.

The envy will be faster but the spectre has superior build quality.