Make tabs shifting faster

Hi there, during these times, most of my uni times are spend virtually and I've encountered some things that are rather of a hindrance. The following are my PC specs

Ryzen 3 2200G

8GB of RAM @3000MHz

1TB WD Blue HDD

300W PSU

I think it's due to the RAM getting filled up but I'm not sure since I don't know much about it. This is a short one but I thank you for reading and your inputs are welcomed, have a good day.

Are you talking about web browser tab loading? What's your ram usage? If it's just for classes, web browsing and word processing 8gb is fine for now.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

4 minutes ago, iM8Pizza said:

Hi there, during these times, most of my uni times are spend virtually and I've encountered some things that are rather of a hindrance. The following are my PC specs

Ryzen 3 2200G

8GB of RAM @3000MHz

1TB WD Blue HDD

300W PSU

I think it's due to the RAM getting filled up but I'm not sure since I don't know much about it. This is a short one but I thank you for reading and your inputs are welcomed, have a good day.

I see two things that could be done. Ram to 16gb would be one of them, but another one is getting an SSD. That HDD is going to make everything feel sluggish in comparison. I mean you can get a 500gb ssd for like 45 bucks and a 1tb for less than one hundred now. That will by far give you the most noticeable speed increase.

Just now, DarkEnergy said:

Are you talking about web browser tab loading? What's your ram usage? If it's just for classes, web browsing and word processing 8gb is fine for now.

When going back and forth between already open tabs and opening between applications (PDF reader, word, excel, firefox, etc), I'm not sure what my ram usage for classes is, don't notice them at the time of doing so. I'll check later on

Just now, iM8Pizza said:

When going back and forth between already open tabs and opening between applications (PDF reader, word, excel, firefox, etc), I'm not sure what my ram usage for classes is, don't notice them at the time of doing so. I'll check later on

So those items do get stored in ram, so having more will increase the amount of items you can open quickly. That being said it doesn't change the fact that in this day and age using an HDD for a OS drive drastically reduces the speed of everything. Anything now in ram takes time to seek then load into ram, when your ram is full or needs to move items to and from you page file... this will also be much slower due to using an HDD. The result is you run into a scenario like you have now where things feel sluggish.

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

So those items do get stored in ram, so having more will increase the amount of items you can open quickly. That being said it doesn't change the fact that in this day and age using an HDD for a OS drive drastically reduces the speed of everything. Anything now in ram takes time to seek then load into ram, when your ram is full or needs to move items to and from you page file... this will also be much slower due to using an HDD. The result is you run into a scenario like you have now where things feel sluggish.

I see I see, so what I can take from this is, upgrade the HDD, and if the RAM is full during such usage, upgrade the RAM as well, please CMIIW. I'd probably need to move all the main things to the SSD if I were to get one, does cloning works fine for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, i don't know much regarding M.2 SSDs and I know there are different keys for it, will Apacer SSD M.2 SATA AST280 480GB fit in an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0? if not I'd probably get the Apacer AS350 Panther 512gb. as for both, what are your thoughts on it? I assume they are DRAMless seeing how cheap they are.

10 hours ago, iM8Pizza said:

I see I see, so what I can take from this is, upgrade the HDD, and if the RAM is full during such usage, upgrade the RAM as well, please CMIIW. I'd probably need to move all the main things to the SSD if I were to get one, does cloning works fine for it?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, i don't know much regarding M.2 SSDs and I know there are different keys for it, will Apacer SSD M.2 SATA AST280 480GB fit in an ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0? if not I'd probably get the Apacer AS350 Panther 512gb. as for both, what are your thoughts on it? I assume they are DRAMless seeing how cheap they are.

I mean dramless aren't ideal, but unless you run them close to full capacity they will still be much faster. Don't forget that you can steal us your current HDD for storage... just not as an OS drive

Here is the info from the site.

1 x Ultra M.2 Socket, supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Matisse, Picasso, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with Athlon series APU)*

The Apacer SSD M.2 SATA AST280 480GB is a sata 6 m.2 which would work, but will be slower than a pci-e one.

The Apacer PV220-M280 would work it is m key 2280. Not sure on price, but if this is only slightly more it would be the better option. If not either of those SSDs you mentioned would work