Unsupported video configuration on dell optiplex 390

Hey guys. I just bought a used asus gtx 1050 and i installed it on a dell optiplex 390.But it said that "unsupported video configuration" but i saw some people on youtube that use gtx 1050 on dell optiplex 390 there's even one guy who used gtx 1660 and 1650 and it worked for him . Do i need to buy a DVI to VGA converter? sorry about my english btw (its not my main language)

That error is saying you are plugging the monitor into the wrong ports.  You can't use onboard ports with a dedicated graphics installed.  

See the picture above for a great example of where you need to plug your monitor into. 

5 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

What type of DVI connector? If it's DVI-I you're golden, there should be super cheap adapters available to you out there. If it's DVI-D, then your options will be more pricey.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/221/~/difference-between-dvi-i-and-dvi-d

Okay. I found out that I had DVI-D (asus gtx 1050 btw) and also what do mean pricey? I saw some converter that cost around 3$ does the dvi-d converter cost more than dvi-I? 

4 hours ago, badatpcbuilding said:

I saw some converter that cost around 3$ does the dvi-d converter cost more than dvi-I?

DVD-I has analog outputs DVD-D does not.  So you would need something that would convert analog to digital.  Those tend to be more expensive.

1 hour ago, badatpcbuilding said:

And how bout I buy an HDMI to VGA??

Much cheaper option than DVI-D to VGA

You have any idea where can i find one? and I need to know the average price you know (i'm just a student)