Power Supply Help?

Hey,

I have a Mid-Range Gaming rig with a Thermaltake 500W OEM PSU. I know, it's terrible, but I was on a tight budget.

However, looking at the specs of it on the Thermaltake website, I found that it isn't actually 500W. It has a 500W Peak, and a 400W Max output. Which means that I am pulling more power than my PSU is capable of.

So I need to buy a new PSU ASAP. I was looking around at Corsair, but I thought I might ask for some recommendations from you guys. I want 700W+ (Real 700W, not peak! :) I want to spend $130 or less, I will probably be buying from pccasegear.com.au

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Yo whats up.

where are you from? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Go for a Corsair one, they're awesome.

Go Semi or Full Modular :D

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

PC Case Gear are a good bunch. Pretty much anything you buy from there is decent quality. Go Corsair or Seasonic. Can recommend any of them.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Have you actually measured the power draw or are you guessing based on your parts manufacturer's retarded recommended PSU?

Because manufacturers always recommend way too much PSU wattage.

If you only have 1 graphics card that cost less than $600 from the past 2 generations, there is no way you are using more than 400W.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why 700w? What are you powering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.