Build for a family friend

Ozzi

Budget (including currency): 600-800 USD or 4000-5250 DKK

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fornite and Minecraft and games like that and also a bit furture prof

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

He wants a gaming computer snice is playing on a PS4 atm, he already has a Monitor 24" 60hz, headset, keybord, mouse so no peripherals is need. i am thinking of going something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ any ideas on what could be done better or anything people would chance Please let me know so he can experience the Glory of PCMR

image.thumb.png.0c5a6208de499be2adfe003024eccb6a.png

I thought you rather to wait for Zen 3 and budget options for Ampere GPUs if you want more 'future proofing'. Also, things would be cheaper on Zen 2 if they're out. Or, you can get it now if he's not patient enough.

It's fine to use HDD but I would suggest a SSD for a better performance.

Humor me, as you should do.

Daily drivers, below.

Diccbudd PC

Intel Xeon E3-1225 v2 || ASRock B75M Motherboard || MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Gaming X 4G || Hynix 2x8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM || 480 GB Pioneer APS-SL3 SATA SSD // 1 TB Seagate 2.5" HDD || be quiet! System Power 9 500 W PSU || Cooler Master T20 CPU Cooler || Samsung S19D300 Monitor || Fantech X6 Knight Mouse || VortexSeries VX7 Pro Keyboard

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G

8GB RAM, 256GB Internal Storage, 128GB SanDisk Extreme, and you could find the rest of the specs on the interwebz lol

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 Yoga

Intel Core i5-8365U || 8 + 16 GB DDR4 (don't ask, gf bought me the 16 GB RAM as my birthday present lol) || Samsung 256GB SSD

Personal Server: CasaOS, Home Assistant, ESPHome, Jellyfin.

AMD E-350 || 3GB DDR3 || 120GB random SSD || 1TB Toshiba HDD

Audio

Redmi TV Soundbar || KZ EDX Ultra + KZ APTX Bluetooth Module || JCALLY JM6 CX31933 DAC

i have to build one within the price range of a PlayStation couse they dont want to spend to much on it so the budget is a bit tight and a Playstaion is around 4000 DKK or 600 DKK max a 1000 DKK 150 Dollars, i am thinking of giving the case and spend that money on a either better CPU or more Storage. but again the budget is a bit tight

10 minutes ago, Ozzi said:

i have to build one within the price range of a PlayStation couse they dont want to spend to much on it so the budget is a bit tight and a Playstaion is around 4000 DKK or 600 DKK max a 1000 DKK 150 Dollars, i am thinking of giving the case and spend that money on a either better CPU or more Storage. but again the budget is a bit tight

so how do you want to build it without a case?

Du burde helt klart tjekke brugtmarkedet. Du kan finde nogle fine, om lidt outdatede, budgetcomputere på f.eks. facebook salgsgrupper, eller i mindre grad DBA.