Crucial P1 nvme ssd m.2

StrawberryShortCakes
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
1 minute ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Seagate Barracuda 510 - $40 more

Adata - $55 more

HP - no sale 

The Crucial P1 is just okay, not exceptional in performance, especially when you start filling up the drive 70% or more.

The memory technology used means the drive doesn't have a very large life-span, which for video recording might not be great (depends on if you record uncompressed or whatever too).

The SSD's I recommended before are all much faster and have a larger lifespan, but are of course all more expensive.

Is the P1 good?

The 1tb one on sale for $99

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

good for what?

As a ssd

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

As a ssd

well yes, but in what system, for what workloads. for a general user and gaming, it's good, provided you don't fill it up to more than 80%, as it slows down.

for professional uses, video editing etc, there are better alternatives for $20-$30 more

9 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Is the P1 good?

The 1tb one on sale for $99

It's okay, but I would prefer the Kingston A2000, which is often available for the same or similar price.

image.thumb.png.223447864940bb6e1e80a09123296cf7.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

well yes, but in what system, for what workloads. for a general user and gaming, it's good, provided you don't fill it up to more than 80%, as it slows down.

for professional uses, video editing etc, there are better alternatives for $20-$30 more

Streaming, gaming and video recording. 

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

It's okay, but I would prefer the Kingston A2000, which is often available for the same or similar price.

image.thumb.png.223447864940bb6e1e80a09123296cf7.png

Sorry their kingston out of stock indefinitely. 

6 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Streaming, gaming and video recording. 

Sorry their kingston out of stock indefinitely. 

Is the Seagate Barracuda 510 priced similarly to the P1?

Or how about the HP EX950 or ADATA SX8200 Pro?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Is the Seagate Barracuda 510 priced similarly to the P1?

Or how about the HP EX950 or ADATA SX8200 Pro?

Adata - $55 more

HP - no sale 

Adata - $55 more

HP - no sale 

The Crucial P1 is just okay, not exceptional in performance, especially when you start filling up the drive 70% or more.

The memory technology used means the drive doesn't have a very large life-span, which for video recording might not be great (depends on if you record uncompressed or whatever too).

The SSD's I recommended before are all much faster and have a larger lifespan, but are of course all more expensive.

31 minutes ago, minibois said:

Thanks I'll get the adata maybe. 

The adata is one of the best pcie gen3 nvme ssds out there.