how will 1440p games look in a 4k tv?

we are getting a ps5 and I've heard that some games will give you the option to run it at 1440p for better performance but how will it look on a 4k screen?

since 1440p is a weird resolution how will it look in a 4k 65" screen? (specifically in an LG CX in game mode). will it look blurry? since they'll have to convert two pixels into one.

If I remember correctly... They are going to use DLSS and just lowers the resolutions while up scaling the actual textures. In most cases some have reported it looking the same as if it were 4k. Some have even reported better visual quality than 4k.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

I have some experience with playing games at 1440p on a 4K set, it's honestly fine from a normal viewing distance. The big thing is if a game's anti-aliasing is effective enough for you to not really notice things looking weird. 

And no, 1440p to 2160p is not a straight scale by any shot. 1440p isn't 2K, not by a long shot, it's 66.67% of 2160p. Most modern displays do a good job at content scaling from a non-native resolution.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

If I remember correctly... They are going to use DLSS and just lowers the resolutions while up scaling the actual textures. In most cases some have reported it looking the same as if it were 4k. Some have even reported better visual quality than 4k.

wait DLSS? are you sure its not a rumor? if not then that's actually amazing news! I doubt it though since 

dlss is an Nvidia exclusive as far as I know/

1 minute ago, NAMAJAFF said:

wait DLSS? are you sure its not a rumor? if not then that's actually amazing news! I doubt it though since 

dlss is an Nvidia exclusive as far as I know/

well as all things go with the feud between red and green they may not be in the same league but typically have the same shit as far as software and drivers go. AMD is working if not already done something that they believe matches what DLSS does (kinda like how FreeSync did better than Gsync did and Nvidia just had to mkae their GPUs work with freesync). But honestly as the other guy said you won't really notice much of a difference as long as the AA is up to par. Also you most likely won't be doing that anyways unless you really feel like you need to push past 60 fps on your TV seeing as it can push 120hz it may benefit you slightly.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

6 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

well as all things go with the feud between red and green they may not be in the same league but typically have the same shit as far as software and drivers go. AMD is working if not already done something that they believe matches what DLSS does (kinda like how FreeSync did better than Gsync did and Nvidia just had to mkae their GPUs work with freesync). But honestly as the other guy said you won't really notice much of a difference as long as the AA is up to par. Also you most likely won't be doing that anyways unless you really feel like you need to push past 60 fps on your TV seeing as it can push 120hz it may benefit you slightly.

alright thankyou.

That depends on the TV.

1080p Movies look way better on my 4K TV than on my 1440p Monitor.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO