IS 32GB of ram overkill for gaming/ streaming

So I got all my parts for my pc except for ram and I keep hearing 16GB is the sweet spot but I planning on streaming and I play a lot of ECSAPE FROM TAKROV and ARMA which are heavy on CPU and RAM. I have heard from and seen from some people that their a lot of lagging with 16GB of ram and I should go to 32. I was wondering is it worth it for the extra 40 bucks to go with 32GB. Both kits are 3200mhz and a cas of 16

10 minutes ago, justinislit said:

So I got all my parts for my pc except for ram and I keep hearing 16GB is the sweet spot but I planning on streaming and I play a lot of ECSAPE FROM TAKROV and ARMA which are heavy on CPU and RAM. I have heard from and seen from some people that their a lot of lagging with 16GB of ram and I should go to 32. I was wondering is it worth it for the extra 40 bucks to go with 32GB. Both kits are 3200mhz and a cas of 16

If it's just 40 extra bucks to go for 32GB, I would say why not. If you're streaming you might doing some video editing as well to post that footage onto YouTube so 32GB in that case will help a lot. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

if you play cod yes you really should go with 32gb as it can hog your ram and if your going to stream off the same pc then yes you need 32gb i dont play takrov or arma but i do know from playing cod 32 is the real sweat spot now 

3 hours ago, justinislit said:

in gaming you wont see any difference

just a bit higher 1% low and 0.1% low fps

thats it

and im saying this from experience

i just added 16gb more because i got a good deal and im also editing from time to time so 16gb wasn't really good for it

if you have an intel cpu, get a 4000MHZ kit with low timings like cl15 (g.skill's trident z is really good), even if its 16gb

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee