Stupid question but how...

Mondas42

How do reviewers etc get the FPS info when they are playing games. I know some have built in benchmarks but I see videos of people playing real time with fps and other GPU info displayed on their monitors?

Is FRAPs still relevant? 

EDIT: Probably not, just did a quick google and it looks like the final build was 2013. Afterburner OSD is probably the way to go (for games that support it)

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Is FRAPs still relevant? 

EDIT: Probably not, just did a quick google and it looks like the final build was 2013. Afterburner OSD is probably the way to go (for games that support it)

FRAPS is still pretty usable. It's a little janky but the Win7 release works fine on Win10.

6 hours ago, Mondas42 said:

How do reviewers etc get the FPS info when they are playing games. I know some have built in benchmarks but I see videos of people playing real time with fps and other GPU info displayed on their monitors?

There are a ton of software that can do this, MSI afterburner has an overlay that shows a ton of system stats (core clock, temperature, fps, etc) but there are simpler solutions, like the GeForce experience overlay that you can turn on pressing ALT+Z (IIRC).

Steam also have a FPS Counter.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO