Lenovo Ideapad with 4300U

Hey guys! I'm going on a trip soon and I was looking at buying a laptop to keep me company for about a month. Max budget of £550.

Was thinking of buying a LENOVO IdeaPad 5 14" with 8GB RAM and AMD Ryzen 3 4300U.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-5-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-128-gb-ssd-platinum-grey-10207944-pdt.html

Just need something to run Retroarch and play some GBA and SNES ROMS as well as watching LTT videos.

And would this be ok for some light video editing work?

Thanks in advance!

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

What are the other specs? And what will you use it for? any budget?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

What are the other specs? And what will you use it for? any budget?

Yeah sorry, accidently hit post before i finished typing lol. Edited original post now :)

| CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM - Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 CL 16 3200MHz RGB RAM | GPU - AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB | Motherboard - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk |

| PSU - Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM | Case - NZXT H510 Flow | YouTube - SgtKenzo |

3 minutes ago, SgtKenzo said:

Hey guys! I'm going on a trip soon and I was looking at buying a laptop to keep me company for about a month.

Was thinking of buying a LENOVO IdeaPad 5 14" with 8GB RAM and AMD Ryzen 3 4300U.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-5-14-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-128-gb-ssd-platinum-grey-10207944-pdt.html

Just need something to run Retroarch and play some GBA and SNES ROMS as well as watching LTT videos.

Thanks in advance!

I would see no problem with none of that. But instead of a Ryzen 3, opt for a Ryzen 5 if you can. 

3 minutes ago, SgtKenzo said:

Yeah sorry, accidently hit post before i finished typing lol. Edited original post now :)

Aight well that laptop would be more than enough for what you will use it for you will have to reinstall windows tho since it comes with windows 10 s and it only runs store apps (I think you can install regular) also that drive is a lil small so I would have an external for some stuff, so you can turn off the S mode in settings it seems

Edited by Kanna
Edit you can turn off S mode

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

4 minutes ago, SgtKenzo said:

Hey guys! I'm going on a trip soon and I was looking at buying a laptop to keep me company for about a month. Max budget of £550.

Thanks in advance!

Might want to get the 256gb version so you have some storage leftover after windows takes up half the space of the drive + basic programs :p. However this is the tn panel version and that thing is just bad for well anything. Get the ips version at least or this is not worth it.

1 hour ago, Kanna said:

t comes with windows 10 s and it only runs store apps (I think you can install regular)

I believe you can convert win 10 s to normal. Isnt it like 50$ for a windows pro upgrade?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I believe you can convert win 10 s to normal. Isnt it like 50$ for a windows pro upgrade?

You can it says you can on the Microsoft site

Reminder⚠️