Fittings for the Sabertooth X79 and i7 3820

Probably in the next week or so I'm going to rebuild my watercooled PC and move everything into a Cosmos 1000. Already took power tools and a dremel to cut out additional radiator mounts. So far so good.

Even got the motherboard waterblock for the Sabertooth X79. With the Koolance CPU-370 from an earlier build it would look like this. The question is, if I used 90 degree rotary fittings, could I use a Koolance single slot dual vid connector to connect the cpu block to both motherboard blocks? Here's a link with the connector I had in mind. If not then that's too bad. Trying to see if I can still use my old Cosmos case or give up and buy the Corsair 900D if/when it becomes available. Seriously want that case. It looks amazing.

mb-asstx79_p2-700x700.jpg

What I suggest you to do is to actually contact koolance and get their approval on this matter

unless someone else using the same blocks as yours

but damn your setup would look sexy with all those blocks

any build log?

Look up bitspower crystal link. I believe that's what you are looking for.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

That would actually be a good idea. I will have to contact Koolance about that. Pretty much the whole inspiration for using the sli fittings is this guys build in bit-tech. link

I should start a build log. Most of the parts I'm going to use is already in a Corsair 200R with a 360mm rad where the optical drives and hard drives used to be. I did take pictures of what i've done with the Cosmos. I'll upload those when I get a chance.

That would actually be a good idea. I will have to contact Koolance about that. Pretty much the whole inspiration for using the sli fittings is this guys build in bit-tech. link

I should start a build log. Most of the parts I'm going to use is already in a Corsair 200R with a 360mm rad where the optical drives and hard drives used to be. I did take pictures of what i've done with the Cosmos. I'll upload those when I get a chance.

Looking at that build log crystal link is exactly what you need.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Then I'll probably be making an order at Dazmode then. But before I order anything I should make some measurements. Anyone hazard a guess on the lengths of the crystal link tubes?

Thanks for the input. Probably going to save me buying stuff I couldn't use.

Then I'll probably be making an order at Dazmode then. But before I order anything I should make some measurements. Anyone hazard a guess on the lengths of the crystal link tubes?

Thanks for the input. Probably going to save me buying stuff I couldn't use.

If you have the motherboard then grab a ruler. :o

If you have the motherboard then grab a ruler. :o

That's the plan. Stuck at work at the moment.

I don't know if you can, but personally I don't like the look of them. Maybe you should consider using 90 degree fittings with clear tubing.

Looks like I will be using the crystal link tubes. The Koolance sli fitting is short by a centimeter.

Just an FYI - try and cut the crystal link as evenly as possible as this can help prevent leaks. I have heard that initial fitting can be prone to leaking on CL builds. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Looks like I will be using the crystal link tubes. The Koolance sli fitting is short by a centimeter.

Wise choice. Don't you prefer the look of it?

White coolant like the Mayhem's pastel would look ridiculously good in your build, by the way.

Wise choice. Don't you prefer the look of it?

I have seen builds with the acrylic tubes but just haven't tried building a loop with them before. Guess now's the time. Figure I'll get the fittings first then I should know what lengths of tubing I'll need. 

White coolant like the Mayhem's pastel would look ridiculously good in your build, by the way.

Haven't thought of using Mayhem's either but that's a good idea too. Other builds I've read about even with the sabertooth board used white pastel coolant. Probably will stick with the Feser One stuff. So far that coolant hasn't changed colours on me or smelled like rancid. Had a pump die after three months with the Koolance coolant. Learned a lot from that build.

I have seen builds with the acrylic tubes but just haven't tried building a loop with them before. Guess now's the time. Figure I'll get the fittings first then I should know what lengths of tubing I'll need. 

Haven't thought of using Mayhem's either but that's a good idea too. Other builds I've read about even with the sabertooth board used white pastel coolant. Probably will stick with the Feser One stuff. So far that coolant hasn't changed colours on me or smelled like rancid. Had a pump die after three months with the Koolance coolant. Learned a lot from that build.

If you want a stable "will never fail" coolant use xspc or ek coolants.

Ordered the parts. Should be in Monday sometime. Once I get the spare PC up and running and the waterblocks installed on the mainboard I'll post a build log. Might just start a new thread for that. We'll see.