Windows + Raid 1

So I have a few question regarding os+storage configuration

1. Whenever I google search porting windows from a laptop it doesn't answer my question so that would be my first question. Can you transfer the windows licence from a laptop to a new computer in any way like at all?

2. I'm planning to get a 1tb ssd that will have a partion for linux and windows on it. I will also have an 8tb hard drive that i'll use to just back everything up on with a raid 1 configuration. The reason I mention the partions is because will they somehow mess with the config where my linux partion will clone itself to the windows partition and the hard drive? Ok for this question lets say we have two pools of storage primary and back up. Lets say that the primary pool is full so you decide to add a new drive. Does the drive have to be the same one and will adding just make the primary pool bigger or will it create a new pool that it will also back up to? Adding to the question do all the raid drive have to be the same as right now i'm getting a 1tb pcie gen 3 ssd with an 8tb hard drive but later for example I might add like a pcie gen 5 ssd, intel optane, an ssd to the backup pool, and etc. will these different types/speeds/capacity of storage break raid 1? Last question would be what is the cheapest way to setup raid?

Also mods I didn't want to make two topics so I just created one that included both questions and posted it in sub forum that most of my topic was about

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1. Depends on how your license is setup. If it came with a laptop, probably not.

2.  raid 1 is not a backup, you don't want raid here. raid 1 basically requires 2 identical drives(or you get the worse of both, so size and speed of slower/smaller drive)

YOu probably want to setup some backup software, like veeam on windows, or something like rsync on linus to do backup to the hdd.

You can get the product key through command prompt by running it as administrator and using this command 

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

No guarantee that the product key will activate on another machine but it is worth a shot before purchasing one

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W