Samsung Dex in QHD

I can connect my S20 with my monitor (HP Pavillion 32QHD) via a USB-C Cable (10 Gbit/s) and DEX instantly works. The resolution is set to 1080p even though my monitor is 1440p and my phone shows a 1440p option, which I`m not able to choose (btw, my monitor supports DP 1.2 via USB-C), so the monitor, the cable and my phone should support everything that`s needed for 1440p. Is that a restriction from Samsung to use their proprietary HDMI adapter or is there some software solution/setting I first need to activate? Hope someone can help me.

this might help

Currently, Samsung DeX itself doesn't support a feature for changing the resolution. We will try to support this feature in the future. 1 Go to the Settings menu via the connected TV or monitor. 2 On the Screen settings, change the screen size or image size.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, Ayush K said:

this might help

Currently, Samsung DeX itself doesn't support a feature for changing the resolution. We will try to support this feature in the future. 1 Go to the Settings menu via the connected TV or monitor. 2 On the Screen settings, change the screen size or image size.

heyy, thanks for your response.

My monitor automatically changes the resolution based on the input signal and there is no way of changing it manually.

Also I am able to change the Dex resolution, but only from Full HD to normal HD and not to Quad HD

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, UnycornyRainbow said:

I can connect my S20 with my monitor (HP Pavillion 32QHD) via a USB-C Cable (10 Gbit/s) and DEX instantly works. The resolution is set to 1080p even though my monitor is 1440p and my phone shows a 1440p option, which I`m not able to choose (btw, my monitor supports DP 1.2 via USB-C), so the monitor, the cable and my phone should support everything that`s needed for 1440p. Is that a restriction from Samsung to use their proprietary HDMI adapter or is there some software solution/setting I first need to activate? Hope someone can help me.

Yeah, I hope they do add this option as well as dual monitor support. These are the main drawbacks.