Can I plug in corsair QL or LL series fan in Lighting Node Pro form RGB Strips kit?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,
20 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

Oh wow thanks thats super helpful. so I would just leave the fans that came with the AIO connected to the cooler pump and just connect the new fan into this fan hub and all should be good correct?

Yup.

Not sure if I mentioned it already, but you can't mix multiple fans on one of these hubs. Can't for example have three QL and three LL fans on it for example.

I did have one more question since Corsair has so many hubs and it's a bit confusing to me since I'm new to RGB stuff.
I do see that they have a ICUE Commander pro. is this a HUB to plug in any type of fan and LED strip by Corsair?
I see it has 2 USB headers so I wouldn't need a splitter if it all goes on that correct?

The Corsair Commander Pro does what the Node Pro does, plus extra.

Corsair RGB fans have two cables on them, an RGB cable that plug into a hub and a PWM cable for actual speed. The Commander Pro has 6 PWM ports, so you can connect the fans to that directly.

The Commander Pro indeed also has a USB hub built in.

This would be your setup with a Commander Pro:

XSDWsneh.png

You would still needd the RGB Fan LED Hub to connect the fans to, so they can connect to the Commander Pro.

If your fans come with a Node Core, you can also use that, because of the USB hub on the Commander Pro.

I am currently upgrading my PC fans and LED strips to RGB ones (for better performance of course) ha

I just ordering the Corsair RGB LED Strips that comes with the lighting Node Pro. I only need one 140mm fan for the rear exhaust of my case since my Corsair AIO RGB cooler fans get connected to the cooler itself and can be controlled through there. 
I see that the Corsair RGB fans come with a "lighting node core" and not a "lighting node Pro"

Does this mean I have to buy a lighting node core as well or am I able to plug everything into the one that comes with the LED strips? My motherboard only has space for 2 USB headers so I would have to buy a splitter to be able to run so many corsair lighting node's.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

7 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

I just ordering the Corsair RGB LED Strips that comes with the lighting Node Pro. I only need one 140mm fan for the rear exhaust of my case since my Corsair AIO RGB cooler fans get connected to the cooler itself and can be controlled through there. I see that the Corsair RGB fans come with a "lighting node core" and not a "lighting node Pro"

The Corsair LED strips plug directly into the Corsair Node Pro.

The Corsair RGB fans can't plug into the Node Pro directly and require an RGB LED Fan Hub to connect to the Node Pro (which these hubs are around 15 USD).

8 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

Does this mean I have to buy a lighting node core as well or am I able to plug everything into the one that comes with the LED strips? My motherboard only has space for 2 USB headers so I would have to buy a splitter to be able to run so many corsair lighting node's.

Could you list exactly what parts you have?
As far as I read you now have:

- Node Pro

- LED strip

- what RGB fans will you get and how many?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

The Corsair LED strips plug directly into the Corsair Node Pro.

The Corsair RGB fans can't plug into the Node Pro directly and require an RGB LED Fan Hub to connect to the Node Pro (which these hubs are around 15 USD).

Could you list exactly what parts you have?
As far as I read you now have:

- Node Pro

- LED strip

- what RGB fans will you get and how many?

I currently own a Corsair H115i RGB platinum 280mm which I have on the top of my case and those 2 fans plug into the cooler itself to be controlled through ICUE software.

I have 2 200mm fans that came with my Coolermaster H500m which are on their own fan and ARGB hub. then I just purchased the Corsair RGB LED strips that come with 4 strips and 1 Lighting Node Pro.

So now I only have to replace the rear 140mm fan. I did see that the 2 pack of fans comes with a lighting node core but I wouldn't have a use for the 2nd fan. So wanted to see if I was able to control that single fan or will be forced to buy the 2 pack to get the lighting node core.

Where would I purchase that $15 hub at?

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

14 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

I currently own a Corsair H115i RGB platinum 280mm which I have on the top of my case and those 2 fans plug into the cooler itself to be controlled through ICUE software.

I have 2 200mm fans that came with my Coolermaster H500m which are on their own fan and ARGB hub. then I just purchased the Corsair RGB LED strips that come with 4 strips and 1 Lighting Node Pro.
So now I only have to replace the rear 140mm fan. I did see that the 2 pack of fans comes with a lighting node core but I wouldn't have a use for the 2nd fan. So wanted to see if I was able to control that single fan or will be forced to buy the 2 pack to get the lighting node core.

Isn't that three USB 2.0 header already?
Corsair AIO, Coolermaster hub and Node Pro?

14 minutes ago, DudeWazap said:

Where would I purchase that $15 hub at?

15 USD was quoting the prices where I live (but converted to USD). Corsair has it listed for 10 USD: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

But it doesn't seem to be available at most retailers they link to and those who do have it, have the product at 35+ USD.

Using that hub, 1-6 Corsair RGB fan (all the same, so no mix of QL, LL, etc.), the LED strip and the Node pro, you only need one USB 2.0 header for all (and two SATA power, to power the hub and Node Pro):

image.png.b16463c986f4ba6f13dbd35e2af526b7.png

(original images from: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 I edited two together)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

20 minutes ago, minibois said:

Isn't that three USB 2.0 header already?
Corsair AIO, Coolermaster hub and Node Pro?

Yeah, haha. That's why I am looking into getting maybe a splitter or something to have them all connected.

21 minutes ago, minibois said:

15 USD was quoting the prices where I live (but converted to USD). Corsair has it listed for 10 USD: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020

But it doesn't seem to be available at most retailers they link to and those who do have it, have the product at 35+ USD.

Using that hub, 1-6 Corsair RGB fan (all the same, so no mix of QL, LL, etc.), the LED strip and the Node pro, you only need one USB 2.0 header for all (and two SATA power, to power the hub and Node Pro):

image.png.b16463c986f4ba6f13dbd35e2af526b7.png

(original images from: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 I edited two together)

Oh wow thanks thats super helpful. so I would just leave the fans that came with the AIO connected to the cooler pump and just connect the new fan into this fan hub and all should be good correct?

I did have one more question since Corsair has so many hubs and it's a bit confusing to me since I'm new to RGB stuff.
I do see that they have a ICUE Commander pro. is this a HUB to plug in any type of fan and LED strip by Corsair?
I see it has 2 USB headers so I wouldn't need a splitter if it all goes on that correct?

Spoiler

-

Yup.

Not sure if I mentioned it already, but you can't mix multiple fans on one of these hubs. Can't for example have three QL and three LL fans on it for example.

Corsair RGB fans have two cables on them, an RGB cable that plug into a hub and a PWM cable for actual speed. The Commander Pro has 6 PWM ports, so you can connect the fans to that directly.

XSDWsneh.png

You would still needd the RGB Fan LED Hub to connect the fans to, so they can connect to the Commander Pro.

If your fans come with a Node Core, you can also use that, because of the USB hub on the Commander Pro.

10 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yup.

XSDWsneh.png

Awesome, I think I know what I will order for the single fan then. 

Thanks alot! it was so confusing at first with so many types of HUBs included with different kits. haha

Spoiler

-